Has anyone seen my umph?


I don't know if it's my age creeping up on me (45) or just life being overwhelming but I've lost my umph. The picture above, is the last one that I created for Baby Boo's room. Before divorce, I was a creative guru. My now ex and I had our own production company and wrote music and produced new artists. I entered and won three cooking contests. I did wall murals as a side business. I played the piano and sung with the hopes of one day doing some recording myself. I exercised 5 days a week. I sewed and crocheted. I loved learning new things and challenging myself. What happened? Where did the umph to do all of that go?

I know that my life has changed since the divorce. I am engaged and soon to be a step mom to a 21 month old. I'm older and chubbier. Tired. Living in a new environment. I fall asleep at night, trying to figure out where it's gone.

Note to whoever or whatever has stolen it..I WANT IT BACK!!!

Comments

travel girl said…
I feel your umph loss too. I'm so exhausted.

But, I think I know why;)
Deb said…
If you find my umph when you look for yours, let me know.
It'll get better, sweetie--promise. (Um, you better find it before that 21-month old gets to the house!!!)
Julie D said…
I think yours and mine ran off together and are living happily ever after somewhere.

We need to stalk them.
Unknown said…
I think my umph ran with your umph!!!
Pancake said…
I guess now is a good time to let you know I am holding your umph for ransom?
Anonymous said…
I lost my umph too. If you find it let me know.
Fragrant Liar said…
Oh, man. I feel your pain in a big way. I am single after an 11-year relationship, and feeling like I really need to step up the workouts and get in better shape. But I'm so dang tired when I get home from work! It's hard to replenish the umph.

Popular posts from this blog

If you eat candy corn, there's no calories.

Guest Posting on Things I've Learned Parent Style