1) You don't have to be a kid to be excited about Christmas!
2) Wake up calls can be in any form. In my case, it was driving down a one way street the wrong way, at night and not realizing it until I saw tons of headlights headed my way. Basically, I lived through one of my greatest fears. (Thank you God!)
3) Not everyone is meant to make Christmas platters for Christmas. I tasted a cookie at an unnamed place (to protect the innocent) that tasted like perfume and hay. All I could do was swallow it quickly and comment, "That was delicious!"
4) What a difference a state makes! In California, at all the places that I worked, I was given the "don't wish people a 'Merry Christmas' so you won't offend those that don't celebrate...yada yada." Here in Oregon, EVERYONE says, "Merry Christmas!"
5) Every year, I've eaten so many cookies and candy that by Christmas, I'm totally "sweeted" out. That's a good thing too. I have had cookies, fudge and peanut brittle and popcorn for breakfast! Yuck. Come on veggies!
6) Wait a couple of days before saying, "I'm amazed, the puppy, Mooshu, didn't even touch a single ornament!" Six ornaments tossed and a few days later....
7) Shopping online for Christmas is a sanity saver!
8) Must be the hormones but listening to Christmas music this year makes my eyes fill up with tears.
9) Reflecting on Jesus birth, it must've been such a trip to be the mother of Jesus. Not only that, can you imagine having Jesus as a little brother?
10) It is my prayer that you all will have a joyous Christmas celebration with family and friends. Merry Christmas, my friends!
What have you learned?
yeah, parenting teens is crazy hard
9 hours ago