Monday, September 8, 2008

Peek-A-Boo Surprise!!

First off, I’m 45 but also, my life has been filled with peekaboo surprises since the day I was born. Peekaboo blessings, peekaboo surprises.

When I was kid, I remembered playing “peekaboo” with anticipation of the person saying, “peekaboo” and hurling me into a fit of laughter. Unexpected …. PEEKABOO!!!
My first peekaboo surprise was being born an identical twin. Together we experienced life’s surprises…I remember one surprise in particular. My sister and I discovered that particular day that just because the box claims that the doll can eat food, it doesn’t mean “real” food. We sat at the table with our doll, Tiny Tears. We pretended with the plate of plastic fake food long enough until we decided she had to be hungry for “real” food. I held up a cracker to her mouth but she didn’t bite it. Aha! She was a baby and didn’t have any teeth! So, we (I take full responsibility for my part in it) crumbled up the cracker and sprinkled water on it until it was a mush and then shoved it in her mouth. That was the very last time she cried “real” tears. She was too clogged to cry.

I also discovered when I was three years old (watching some big boys playing in the laundry room outside our house) that if you stick paper in the water heater pilot, POOF! It catches on fire.

I have to admit that there have been so many surprises lately in my life that I feel like I’m living in a non-stop peekaboo surprise time warp.
My biggest surprise was when my husband (now ex) of 21 years left me for a 19 year old. What was even more of a surprise was that I made it. I found that I am a survivor. In spite of the many tears I cried for myself, my daughters, even my puppies, I survived…with God’s help.
One thing I know for sure is that not all surprise may be good ones but they are all ones that I have learned from.
I’d love to hear about your peekaboo surprises!

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik