Thursday, September 11, 2008

Why me??

Most people that know me are no longer surprised by the jams I get myself into. I have learned to laugh through them instead of wanting to cry. Like the one time I was getting on the elevator with my blue tooth in my ear and said to my daughter on the phone, "Hey baby" (which is what I call her). At that time, a lady walked past and thought I was talking her. She gave me the "you need Jesus" look and started walking faster.

Well, today, I had someone ask me about singing and playing the piano for a surprise "staff meeting". The humor in all of this is that yes, I do have a baby grand but I don't really know how to play. When I attempted to tell them that, they said, "Oh you're just being modest". Not only that, they are singing This Land is Your Land" accompanied by a banjo, a bass and a guitar. In case you all don't know, I'm black and I don't do bluegrass! Banjos make me laugh. I'm sure they are very nice instruments but they tickle me to my toes and I get the giggles at the thought of singing along with one. I would be all over the floor, giggling at the first chorus.

What do I do????

2 comments:

jill jill bo bill said...

Hey now, Charlie Pride sang a little bluegrass. Try it. Once. What am I sayin'? I hate bluegrass, too. Tell them Pickin' and a Grinnin's not your style.

Unknown said...

I got out of it but I hope and pray they don't show up with a portable keyboard. I'll really have think fast.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik