Friday, November 7, 2008

Why judge???

I'm so tired of people judging me for my actions. Case in point...

After being married for 21 years and the dum dum cheated and we divorced, I found the courage to move on. Move on and move in is what I did. After meeting my Boo, we moved in together. It was a gut instinct move but one that I had no other choice to take. My ex was moving back into the home I was living in because I could no longer keep up with the mortgage (another long story). I moved in with my Boo.

My parents are old school, and extremely religious and shacking up with a man is a sin according to them. As an adult, I owed them no explanation, yet, when my mom came to visit, I forewarned her that Boo and I slept together. That piece of info was too much for her to bear. She didn’t visit me at our home because she didn’t agree with our choices.

I lived with that but now, my dad can’t sleep at night because he and my mom both feel that I’m going to hell because of living with Boo. My dad has dementia so on top of not sleeping, he’s worried sick that when he dies, he won’t see me again.

When we get married, that will solve the insomnia but will it make their judgement any better???

He who is without sin, please, cast the first stone.

Thanks for the vent!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is It's YOUR life - they have lived theirs the way they wanted - they should allow you to live yours how you choose.

It may sound harsh but It's their problem.

Sorry.

Unknown said...

I am soooo not without sin-thats why I turned my blog over to my readers today...very powerful stuffs being commented....
Hope you have a great weekend

jill jill bo bill said...

I am thinking that God judges Judgement on the same level as premarital sex. HE doesn't see any differences. We as humans are the ones that that make one sin worse than the other. I am so sorry that they have decided to focus on what you are doing instead of YOU. May we all learn from that.

Julie D said...

Wow, well I guess we can't change our parents "old school" upbringing, can we? Fortunately, I think at this point my 84 year old mother would just be happy I was with someone, and she'd overlook the "sin" I was committing! I wish your parents could do the same, and realize that the main focus here is that you are happy again...regardless of whether your situation is not optimal for them. Good luck!

Pancake said...

My mom lived with her now husband for a while before they were married, They have the best marriage! I wish you the same!!!!

Debz said...

Wow. I'm sorry that they are judging you so harshly. I am not a terribly religious person, but I'm fairly sure we shouldn't be judging others. Do they even realize that's what they're doing?
I hope this gets better for you cause I can imagine the stress it brings with it.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik