Thursday, February 26, 2009

Look at the sky

There I was, lost in a million thoughts as I drove to work. I got to a red light and saw a pedestrian crossing the street. Still a million miles away…..my eyes caught the girl/pedestrian. She walked with a strange gait and every 5 steps she took, she stopped and threw her head back and looked at the sky and smiled. Then she continued walking. I watched her as she got to the other side of the street, still on her journey to see the sky. I could see clearly that she had special needs but her special needs taught me something that I won’t forget for a long time. I no longer need to remind myself to stop and smell the roses….I need to stop and look up at the sky and smile and think of God’s beauty and blessings in my life. There are so many that hurriedly cross my mind as I go through my day but I fail to just stop where I am and look at the sky and smile.

My challenge to you today is to stop and look at the sky and smile!!

13 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

a great reminder!!!

Lori said...

Yes, a great reminder! But, I must say that when I was out shoveling a short while ago, I did look up at the sky a few times but more so in hopes to see less of the white stuff coming down from it. I guess there is beauty in that too...that white stuff.

Anonymous said...

You made me remember: I used to look at the sky when I was in my 20's. I'd marvel that "those very same stars" had been stared at by Cleopatra, Aristotle, even Jesus, and I couldn't get it through my head concerning "eternal" and "forever". You have made me realize that I have not looked at the sky for too many years now. I guess old age has taken the "wonder" out of my eyes. I WILL LOOK UP.

Anonymous said...

So true!!!

Pancake said...

a great reminder!!!

so, how are things with you and your boo?

Unknown said...

Things are going good with Boo and myself. The effort that it takes for a second relationship after a first marriage is much more difficult, I think. It just means having to work even much harder to keep it strong. I think we're going to be just fine. Thanks for asking!

Jill said...

I find my self looking to the sky quite often. For comfort and guidance!

*Akilah Sakai* said...

Beautiful. I don't look up there as often as I did as a kid. I've been staring down so much. Time to look up!

Anonymous said...

Isn't the sky amazing? Just the other day I commented on how pretty the clouds were. The others in the car looked at me like I'd said something stupid. What do they know?

I always look up at buildings, we tend to only see what is at eye level, roof tops can be fascinating too.

travel girl said...

So true huh?

Gina said...

I work with kids with special needs and they remind me to take the time to check out the beauty in the world every single day. It's just one of the million reasons I love my job. Great post.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

How beautiful! It's great that you weren't too busy to notice her--what a nice reminder.

tiki_lady said...

what a beautiful request! I did that today and it was good.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik