Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm too old for Chuck E. Cheese





Today's Baby Boo's birthday but we celebrated it last night. It's been years since I'd been to the Big C's place (Chuck E.'s). I'll suffice it to say that this may be my last for a long time.

It's a place for parents who don't seem to care that their kids are climbing in sticky, gooey, germy slides or putting tokens in broken machines while eating pizza that tastes like cardboard. As Baby Boo put token after token in each machine, I had thoughts that if it was a slot machine, at least I might have a chance at winning some money back. Thank God she's two because we literally convinced her (faked her out) that she was driving the car or playing the games when we hadn't dropped in a single token. We cheered her on even when Game Over flashed across the screen.

In the midst of the screaming kids who were running around unsupervised, there was a glimmer of hope that we wouldn't be there for too much longer. Baby Boo was afraid of Chuck E. Cheese. Thank you God. She was petrified. Finally, she said those magic words, "Momo, no more Chuck E. Cheese." She wanted to leave the Big C's place for greener, bigger places. A place where french fries were abundant. We gladly left without shedding a tear.

All in all, after the ketchup bottle was consumed (with fries of course) and she ran around the house until the sugar was out of her system, it was a great celebration. Happy Birthday Baby Boo!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Baby Boo. She's beautiful!!!!

Cinder Rail'lee said...

Ooh she's BEAUTIFUL! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY BOO!
I agree about Chuck E. Cheese. Thank Goodness Caleb had gone with his Summer Camp! I couldn't handle the germs nor the pizza. Yuck! I'm a hand washer.. my hands are horrible from my phobic side. Yes I admit it. I wash them constantly. I even have wipes that are my best friends. LOL.
I'd simply die a million deaths if I had to go there. I pat you on the back my friend. Cuz I couldn't do it. No way, no how!

Veronica Lee said...

Happy Birthday to Baby Boo. The cake with the ladybugs is soooo cute!

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh my gosh... how beautiful is she!!!

And yeah - I get a little freaked out about all the germs & runny noses & where those tiny hands have been.... blah... getting germaphobic thinking about it!

Debz said...

UGH! Chuck E's! About the only thing it's good for is lacka. You know, when the parents have a "lacka" interest in what their kids are doing.
Your lucky she was scared. Hopefully you can feed that fear (as wrong as that may seem) and keep her away from the ginormous rat.

Happy, happy Baby Boo!

Pancake said...

She is DARLING!!! Chuck E Cheese... where parents are tortured!

Unknown said...

I hope Baby Boo had a Happy Birthday!

Can totally relate to the Chuck E Cheese migraine in a box experience.

It is used as a measure of bad in our house.

"Was it bad?"
"Oh yeah, baby, it was Chuck E Cheese bad."
shudder.

Peace - Rene

Julie D said...

Wow, she is gorgeous!!! Happy birthday, baby boo!!!!!!!!!!!

travel girl said...

Happy Birthday Baby Boo!!
Absolutely adorable:)

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik