I was in my office at work, and I kept hearing what sounded like someone sawing something. I got up to "inspect" and in our video conferencing room, on the big screen was my friend Mako (shown on the left) doing a knee replacement. Of course, he (I think he's a he) had the assistance of two doctors but still, Mako was the man of the hour.
In awe, I stood looking at the screen, mouth hanging open. I began to dream wide awake of the things I could do with Mako...I mean the things that Mako could do for me. If I had Mako I would....
1) Open up my own drive thru surgery center. I mean, I have a scalpel already. I just need an open for business sign. Of course, I'd have patients sign disclaimers releasing me of all liability. Just think of all the money you all could save! I could have buy one lap band surgery and get the other free (courtesy of me and my pal, Mako).
2) Mako would be my body guard. Just like the robot on Lost In Space, he'd say, "Danger! Danger" and then, he'd point his laser beam at the would be criminal and strip them of their clothes until the police arrived.
3) Mako would prepare the meals of my dreams but taking all of the fat out first.
4) Given the right attachments, Mako could apply makeup, give me a pedicure, massage and style my hair.
5) Mako would also be my "love toy" in case I wasn't seeing any action from Boo.
6) Mako and I would watch tv together. He'd tape the shows that I missed and then play back them back while editing the commercials.
7) Mako would blast the dustbunnies and take the dog for a walk.
The good thing is that Mako would do it all without breaking a sweat.
I wonder if I can get by with borrowing him from the hospital for awhile.
Lover of God, my awesome husband, Pastor J, my kids, bonus kids, furkids and chocolate. I'm a writer, with a passion for anything creative. I am silly, clumsy, honest, faithful and often times, pathetic but so thankful that God loves me just as I am.