The last few days have been what I call "learning days" for me. I don't know why it is that some days, I'm taught more lessons than others. Here's what I've learned...........
1) Toothpaste hurts like hell when it gets in your eye. I put on my contact lens not knowing I had toothpaste still on my finger. I think I have a little idea of what acid in the eye now feels like.
2) That good friends, even blogging buddies, speak words of wisdom and I need to stop and pay attention.
3) One bloggy girlfriend, in particular (you know who you are) showed me this. I need to kick my ex's ass. Yes, I said it. Me, the "I don't curse" person that I am. It took her to show me how because of him, I'm afraid of falling deeply in love again. I have a sexy, wonderful man in my life, but in all honesty, one foot is in the door and the other foot is still out. Why? Because I'm afraid of being hurt to the core like I was by my ex. I tolerated crap that I haven't written about on the blog. Yet, he can continue to call like nothing has ever happened. My response to my "smack me into reality BFF blog bud" was kick the sh*t out of him. She's right...until I do, he will still have control of my emotions and I will never let go of the fear of falling in love with my Boo and living freely. She also showed me that I don't speak often of my Boo. It's because to talk about him means that he may disappear and our relationship won't last. Stupid thought, huh? But it's true. So I learned something very valuable from my BFF blog bud.
4) When Baby Boo says, "I pooped Momo" when she's supposed to be taking a nap, I need to really believe her.
5) The 5 piggies....you know the one that had roast beef, the one that went to market....you know THE piggies...well, the one that stayed home...he was the smartest one of all. He foresaw the swine flu in the future and chose to stay out of the limelight. Sometimes chilling out at home is the best place of all to be.
6) I easily run from my creative thoughts. My thoughts run a mile a minute. Even when I'm laying in bed, it's hard to shut them down. I have to quiet those thoughts just to get some sleep. So instead of running from them, I'm running to them. I've got pictures to paint, books to write and music to play.
7) I hate beets. Hated it as a kid and still hate it. I hate cous cous. Tried it and it reminded me of fish eggs seasoned. Ewww.
8) God knows what He's doing better than I do. All the worrying and searching for a house before this one foreclosed on the owner and yesterday, while at a yard sale down the street, we found our house that we'll be moving in to in June.
9) I HATE moving. We just moved in to this house in March and now, the packing begins again.
10) Accidentally putting lemon extract in pancake batter actually tastes pretty good.