If you know me by now, sometimes I can joke around and other times, I can be serious. Well, this is one of those "serious" moments. *rolling eyes are allowed
Married Boo has had two fabulous meetups with new friends she's met from blogging. She described her meetup in Las Vegas as "an experience that was hard to put into words but amazing!" She said, "I went without any expectations of bonding and meeting life long friends but by the first day, we were all crying over the thought of having to say good bye."
That's what I want too. I want to have those types of friends. I mean, I have that here in blogland BUT most of you live in Timbuktu, miles and miles away, in other states and countries. What's a girl to do when all she needs is a few friends to hang out with? To keep in touch with? Laugh with? Cry with?
When I was still married, I lived in a town where I had friends to hang with. I met them through my daughters as they formed new friendships, through church, my job, at the grocery store...odd places but I had friends.
I'm now in another town where the majority of people living here are in their 80's. Nice but a bit too slow for me.
Here's what I'm looking for in a friend...
1. Must have a great sense of humor and handle my offbeat sense of humor too.
2. Must be willing to keep in touch...what are friends for when you can't be there for one another?
3. Must be willing to tell it like it is and hear it like it is.
4. Must be willing to see me without makeup and not go running for cover.
5. Must be real- honest, truthful, no Jane Does
6. I don't want a threesome..Boo and I are happy as we are, just us two.
7. Lives somewhere close enough to hang out from time to time.
So, if you meet those qualification and you want to be my friend....please drop me an email.
The Beloved Hope Chest
8 hours ago