My friend, Tami sorta tagged me with a scrap award and since I can't post the award here while at work, you'll have to use your imaginations. In the meantime, I will say that the person that tagged me is the queen of honesty and realness. She doesn't play around when it comes to telling the truth and I like that about her. Since she tagged me, I have the joy of naming 10 honest things about me….here goes…
Ten honest things…..
1) This question always runs through my head and I'd love to ask this to someone who knows, "What does "dead" feel like? Does it hurt? Do you feel a sense of relief or utter fear of what comes next? Is it like being on a roller coaster and your ascending up a steep slope and not knowing when you'll be rushing down again? Also, a part of this, I have an honest admission, Michael Jackson's death really brought out some emotions in me that I didn’t even know existed. I cried on my way to work, while listening to one of his songs on the radio. (Not the wailing, snot flying type of crying but tears rolling down my face kind of crying.)
2) Years and years ago, I was struggling financially and there was a bill due and didn't know how it was going to get paid. I had gotten some clothes from the thrift store and as I was placing a pair of boots in the closet, I said to my then husband, now ex, "Wouldn't it be funny if I found some money in one of the shoes?" I started digging my hand to the toe and I pulled out a wad of cash. It was almost the exact amount that was due, $345.00. Strange things like that happen to me all the time. Even, this morning, the elevator door opened as soon as I walked up to it and there was no one on. It was as if it was waiting just for me.
3) I am what my eye doctor calls, "a contact lens cripple" (his words not mine). Without my contacts or glasses, I couldn't recognize my own kids or Boo. I'm one leash away from needing a seeing eye dog…slight exaggeration but my vision is way bad!
4) Most weekends I'm very lonely. Boo works from 2:25 to 11:30 and on Saturdays and Sundays so I'm usually by myself, me and the dogs. I enjoy the quiet sometimes but most of the time, I have to have some sort of noise in the house, like music playing.
5) I was always known as a goody goody or a good girl when I was growing up. I never broke rules or curfews (except once). I feared the wrath of God and mom.
6) When I'm in a stressful situation, like a funeral, I get the giggles over something funny that crosses my mind. I have to pinch my leg to stay focused.
7) I'm allergic to quite a bit of stuff and I carry an epipen with me just in case I have an anaphylactic episode.
8) I don't get very squeamish over anything. I have worked with dissecting cats and human cadavers and been the first to arrive on two horrible car accidents and the shock it of all doesn't usually hit me until it's all over and done with.
9) I can't drink milk thanks to be lactose intolerant so I always eat my cereal with mocha mix.
10) I'm going to be 46 in less than a month and it scares me to know that Michael Jackson was 50 when he died and that's only 4 years older than me.
Consider yourself tagged if you'd like to join in. Link back to my post and then name those 10 honest things.
UPDATE: My good friend Angel is hosting a giveaway on her blog in honor of the 4th of July. She'll be giving away $50.00 in Avon merchandise. Avon has so much to offer with clothing, books and even dvds. So go here and enter.
17 minutes ago