I have learned actually too much this week. Some things I'd rather not have learned.
1) In two weeks, I may or may not have a job. The CEO just issued a reduction in force and everyone will be on pins and needles until sometime in July. I could cry at the thought of not having a job and finding another one…well…with the unemployment rate here in California….might be a very difficult task.
2) When death comes knocking, it brings to loved ones a change of heart and attitude.
3) Old people get sports cars to drive slow in the fast lanes just to piss people off.
4) Instead of worrying about the ozone layer, we should be concentrating on bugs taking over the world. I swear there's a new species of bug called the splider. A fly and spider got busy and ta da…the splider. Spliders aren't easy to kill.
5) Pre-menopause is just nature's way of sticking his tongue out and saying, "Psych!"
6) There are still good, honest people here. My daughter and son in law left their expensive camera and bag in a taxi in Vegas. They were heartbroken but two days later, they received a call from the cab company telling them that their camera had been found. Unfortunately, it was minus the memory card but at least they have it back.
7) I need to get "with it" a bit more. Lady Gaga's Poker Face is a recording artist and the name of a song! Duh! (Thanks, Sandi for not calling me dense! LOL)
8) If you give a fun birthday gift to someone you're close to, it's like buying it for yourself. (Yay, shaved ice machine! Yay strawberry!)
9) Non-alcoholic wine soda is very good!!
10) Silly songs get stuck in my head easier than the important things I'm REALLY supposed to remember.
What have you learned?
The Beloved Hope Chest
8 hours ago