1) Planning even a small wedding is going to be a bigger undertaking when we are both different types of thinkers. For example, reception menu - Boo - a mixture of In N Out Burger, Vietnemese, Soul Food and Mexican food combined. Me - Simple - keep it on a theme but a non-multicultural theme. ***He's just kidding (I hope) about the In N Out burgers.
2) There's so much that can be learned from my kids. They know the coolest music artists and songs, how to send text messages, sync the ipod, the most fashionable fashions and how to apply makeup correctly, changing blog layouts and most of all, how to love me for me.
3) After being curious (thanks to Sandi) about Lady Gaga's Poker Face, I now have the song stuck in my head.
4) I will give anyone the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong. Case in point, Humble, our 4 1/2 month old brute of a dog ate a plant, shredded a box, went swimming in his water dish and ate the patio sofa cushions. My defense for him was that he was bored and needed more toys to keep him stimulated.
5) When a two year old has chips, gum, candy, ice cream, soda, and popsicles when that isn't the norm, be ready for a full blown meltdown.Ten o'clock at night to be exact.
6) Where there is one ant, there are usually more to come. Keep an eye out for them to call their relatives from Russia, Africa, China and Walla Walla. Before too long, they'll be having a family reunion in your package of cookies that were just bought from the store.
7) Cheating is just plain wrong, no matter if the excuse is that someone has met their soul mate. If he wife was smart, she should've had all the locks changed before he got home.
8) Dog farts should be considered lethal and harmful to humans. There are the silencer farts …the kind that aren't heard but the smell hits all at once. The noisy, trick ya farts….those are the ones where they are heard but aren't smelly. Then there's the innocent who me farts….the kind where your dog looks at you instead of taking full responsibility for his actions. There's also the infamous green fog fart…the one that's smell lingers in the air and a green haze drifts around the room until everyone is holding their noses. Lastly, the tasted it farts….the ones where you can almost swear you can taste what they've digested.
9) Music has really been a calming force in my life this week.
10) When I die, I plan to go quietly. I don't need a big to do….after all, I'm going to be stuffed anyway. Each of my kids will have the privilege of me being in their lives for 6 months at a time. I also hope that the mortician will do a bit of lipo while I'm being stuff so that I can fit back into my skinny jeans.
What have you learned?
The Beloved Hope Chest
8 hours ago