I'm still paying for some of the things I've learned so I'll start out with...
1) Do not go fishing when it's 110 degrees and no shade! I swear I fried a few brain cells.
2) I will never, ever wear perfume when going fishing. Boo loves me even if I stink the bees love me when I smell like a flower.
3) Angels come in many sizes, shapes and forms. Met a terrific old man while fishing and his kindness and patient and friendly demeanor made me miss my dad. Yet, I was so glad to have Archie teaching me how to prepare to catch the big one.
4) Dove ice cream is close to being more my favorite than even Ben and Jerry's.
5) Boo and I speak a different love language (Based on the book, The Five Love Languages) but I am so extremely, passionately in love and know that he feels the same. i.e., he washes my car every single week. It can be 118 degrees and he will spend time doing it just because he wants to know that I'm driving a clean car.
6) I am loving wearing body oil instead of perfume. My favorite scent is China Rain. Everywhere I go, I have someone lean over to smell me. (Yeah, they are invading my personal space but it's for a good cause, I guess.)
7) I love the comfort food that my mom cooked when I was a kid like fried green tomatoes or fried okra and collard greens. Why on earth doesn't the stores here carry fresh greens??
8) I hate the interview question, "What is one thing about you that can be viewed negatively?" I feel as if they are waiting for me to answer, "Well, does being late for work every day count? Or how about calling out every Monday and Friday?" I'm seriously kidding about that but still...what do they expect to gain by asking that? Honesty???
9) Dogs have a really positive view on life...eat, drink and always have a favorite toy to play with and all is well.
10) Memories are unwritten books in our hearts.
What have you learned?
17 minutes ago