At this moment, my mom is getting ready to hop on a plane to North Carolina to visit my grandparents, & while she is away, she asked me to do a guest post for her. She lovingly assigned the task of doing the Things I've Learned Thursday post for her. Here's hoping that my things learned are interesting enough to keep you entertained for the duration.
1. I've learned that it's probably not a good idea to discuss plane crashes with a person (my mother) who is on the eve of riding 4 planes, in total, on their journey.
2. I've [finally] learned who Benedict Arnold was, after many references to him in I Love Lucy, & wondering "What the heck is a Benedict Arnold?" I at first thought he was the creator of Eggs Benedict. But I stand corrected! & that Benedict Arnold... he was a douche-bag!
3. I've learned that cats are cute, but they're not as lovable & loyal as dogs; my Shih Tzu, Sofie, specifically.
4. I've learned that the most rhetorical question a person can ask is this: "Did your tattoo hurt?" Well... a sharp needle digging into my flesh several times WOULD hurt a little, don't you? What a silly question!
5. I've learned that I have an obsession with buying music on itunes.
6. I've learned that the book And Tango Makes Three, the true story of Roy & Silo, 2 male penguins who hatched an egg together, is the most requested book to be removed from schools & libraries. No one's saying why... but I'm pretty sure we can all guess. [source]
7. I've learned that there is still this part of me that wishes I could be Shirley Temple.
8. I've learned that using a cellphone with QWERTY is much harder than it looks. I type very fast on a regular computer, but I'm really having to adjust to the QWERTY on my new phone. (Which is fine, because I prefer actual phone conversations than texting, anyway.)
9. I've learned that it really is just best to feel the fear & do it anyway.
10. I've learned that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. The other night I made lemon-pepper pasta & asparagus, & the look on my husband's face made me melt into a puddle of love on the kitchen floor. I am convinced that the easiest way to show a man you love them is by cooking them a delicious meal.
What have YOU learned?