Christella at Meandering Moody Memories has tagged me to list 10 things that make me happy. Not an easy goal because I have more things in my life that make me happy than things in my life that don't.
You can play along if you'd like but being that I'm not one for playing the games by the rules, I won't be tagging anyone. So, here goes!!
TEN THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
1) Listening to a song over and over again because I either like the melody, the chords or the lyrics or just the ability to sing along. I have been known to hit replay at least 20 times (but only when I'm in the car alone).
2) Laughing and being silly with Boo, Baby Boo and my girls. I can enjoy coloring, play doh, building with Legos, watching cartoons, playing board games or baking cookies, as long as I'm in good company. I especially cherish the moments that I spend with my girls. They have become the greatest friends ever.
3) Walking on the beach. There is something so calming for me to be surrounded by the waves crashing, the smell of the salty air...the waves tickling my toes. It makes me exhilarated.
4) Painting and finishing a creation and really, really liking it after it's done. I love the feeling I get when I sign my name.
5) A good, dripping with cheese and the works, pizza!!
6) Playing in dirt. I miss being able to garden the way I used to. I had a flower garden as well as a vegetable garden. Sometimes, I think I enjoyed getting dirty more than whether or not anything actually grew or not.
7) Doing anything out of the ordinary....I used to live the type of life where it was easy for others to say, "You can't do that" or "I wouldn't do that if I were you" or "That's not the way it's done". What makes me happy is doing something challenging, fun, interesting and doing it courageously. By the way, I'm applying for a job as an on air radio personality for a jazz radio station here. That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about!!
8) Playing in the snow! I so love making snowballs and snowmen. I am a kid again when I'm in the snow.
9) My furbabies...all three of them! They are the most compassionate beings and forgiving too. They can be a bit spoiled but they never fail to greet me when I wake up in the morning, follow me around like shadows and do all that they can to make me smile.
10) Blogging! I think that that's a given. Actually writing is what makes me happy. I love words - written, spoken, drawn, whispered. But I also love the connection I have in reading every one of your blogs as well. I laugh with you, cry with you, create with you (when you share recipes and tips), cheer with you and share in your lives as you share in mine.
8 hours ago