I used Random.org to pick my two winners.
The numbers chosen were #6 and #27.
Congratulations to Mary (I'm not sure what her blog link is) for winning: Mudbound by Hillary Jordan
Congratulations to Erin of The Motherload for winning her choice of Suddenly or In a Perfect World - your choice since you've already read The Help.
This means that The Help and whichever book is still isn't chosen by Erin will be one of those up for giveaway next month along with two other books as well.
Thank you for participating. Winners...please drop me an email with your name and addresses.
Things I've Learned Thursday
1) Black eyed pea soup is mmmm, mmmm, good!
2) Guy athletes in winter sport competitions spit a lot. Why is that?
3) A chicken gizzard is a second stomach of sorts. Here it was I thought all this time, I was eating an "innocent" body part of a chicken but no...I'm now scarred for life. I don't know if I'll ever make giblet gravy during Thanksgiving again.
4) There will always be someone or something bugging me while I'm in the bathroom. I feel like I have my own potty entourage. They all dance when I come out like I'm a celebrity.
5) Dates have romance and sex lives. Who would've thought??
6) TV Boo has such an interesting job working as an editor at a news station. I had fun sitting in the anchor people's chairs and practicing my news spiel. I just knew it was the moment I had been waiting for. Unfortunately, I don't think they really saw my natural ability.
7) I'm very proud of my Son in Boo's success in teaching others how to get paid to exist. Not wanting to sound like an advertisement, if you have the desire to work and get paid for something that you love, he will give you great insight on how to make that happen. Check it out here.
8) Dogs have the worse timing when they decide they are going to barf. Humble chose to barf while we were enjoying a nice, yummy dinner. So much for having an appetite!
9) I am so tired of hearing my Wii Fit groan when I step on. For once, I'd like to hear it say, "Good for you for even having the courage to step on in the first place. So you ate a bit much, well, at least you enjoyed it!"
10) I totally cracked up when Boo got ready for work and I reminded him that he was off of work that day. That's like one of those peek a boo surprises from God!
What have you learned?
how to love your kids well
1 hour ago