Saturday, March 6, 2010

Creative Saturday

Trust me, I've been creative but in little spurts here and there.

It started out with a handwritten note and a Payday candy bar for Boo. The note said, "I hit Payday when I fell in love with you." He was totally beaming at the gesture, although small, it said volumes.

I also went out shopping for a puzzle mat. It's a mat for working puzzles that can be rolled up and not disturb the puzzle pieces when putting it out of Baby Boo's reach. Of course with a puzzle mat, there has to be a puzzle so I went in search of one as well. I have always enjoyed working puzzles since I was a kid...especially when the weather is rainy and cold. Plus, it gives me a chance to chill out and not think too much...just be.

Then followed my creative Saturday with the most creative place on earth, Joann's crafts and fabrics. I saw so many projects I wanted to tackle but decided to wait until I have finished the painting on my easel first.

Now comes time to relax!!

How was your Creative Saturday?

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

I didn't get anythign really done today. I spent it out with the family, which takes a toll on one, but I got through it.

Tiffany
http://liferequiresmorechocolate.blogspot.com/

Ina in Alaska said...

I spent Saturday morning in downtown Anchorage admiring all the Iditarod racing dogs and the wonderful and festive admosphere surrounding the Iditarod. Lots of people, dogs, and smiles!

Mandy said...

My Mother in law (who is in town visiting now) and I were just talking about puzzles yesterday. And other ways to increase your mind. We played a game of Scrabble yesterday and she creamed me. I still had fun though but said that this may be a good opportunity for me to sign up for one of those "one word a day dictionary" sites to increase my vocabulary.

We also took Vivian to a downtown festival and to a boardwalk where she can chase birds and see the bay water. It was a creative way for me to exercise since I chased her around non-stop for thirty minutes. Hahahah!

Have a great weekend!

Andrea said...

Relax.....I like the sound of that.
Blessings,
andrea

JennyMac said...

I love some arts and craft store. I made bday cards today for some friends with some photos I took in NYC.

Debbie said...

I think I forgot to be creative yesterday! Maybe next week:)

Liz Mays said...

Your note to Boo was incredibly sweet! You're making me want to work a jigsaw puzzle, by the way!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh your too funny girl, it's Saturday and Hubby uses Saturday to "catch up" on the Ponderosa. No such thing as rest in farm livin'!

Have a great day sweetie and may God bless it!!!

Unknown said...

It's Sunday and I'm doing some blog visiting.
Marcus and I reorganized my work wall. We purchased some cork tiles, arranged them and he nailed them up. It really does look better.
Please feel free to leave a comment at my giveaway post.
You have a terrific week!

Veronica Lee said...

I used to love jigsaw puzzles but I don't have the patience these days.

ethelmaepotter! said...

Ooooh, I LOVE jigsaw puzzles...we always had one spread out on the dining room table when I was growing up, but my husband HATES them, and I've found it's just not much fun to do them by myself. And I've always wanted one of those mats!
My Saturdays are rarely creative, since I work both Friday and Saturday nights, therefore spend Saturdays sleeping. When I awaken, Hubby is bored to tears and ready to DO something, ANYTHING, so we usually just go to music stores or Walmart or out to eat or whatever he wants to do. I love reading about your creative days, though!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik