I promise to tell the story of the Attempted Suicide in the Chatroom....tomorrow....but today is Thursday and you know what that means....
Things I've Learned Thursday
1) Man colds are worse than me catching a cold. I counted 10,238,492 groans of how Boo hates being sick. I counted 6,243 times that Boo asked if he should take more cold medicine. Boo used 2,345,800 Kleenex. Boo coughed 20,567,873,999 bazillion times (still coughing). Now, trust me, I'm a very sympathetic woman when it comes to her man not feeling well but what is it about man colds that makes a man turn into a little boy all over again?
2) Long fingernails and piano playing does not mix. I sadly had to cut my fingernails. It was a sacrifice but a good one, I think.
3) I spend entirely too much time at the Walmart Superstore. That was evidenced when the checker greeted me with, "You're here again? Weren't you here the day before yesterday?"
4) I totally enjoyed having lunch with a blogging friend, Joanna of The Fifty Factor. This is the second time we've hung out together and she is just as beautiful and sweet in person as she is on her blog.
5) If you eat a tablespoon of localized honey each day, your allergies will not be as severe during the high pollen season. (Reason being is that by eating the honey, a small amount of pollen is slowly being released into your system, making you more immune to the local pollen.)
6) My twin sister and I get into entirely too much trouble when we are together. We attended a jazz concert and Twin 2's husband came along. The opening act of the concert was a diva from a long time ago, wearing what appeared to be a Victoria's Secret nightie in purple. She proceeded to gyrate and play with her hair and lift her boobs up and stick the microphone between her legs and gyrate some more. Finally, I couldn't contain myself and when she asked, "What do you all want?" I yelled out, "For you to get off the stage." It may not have been nice but we didn't come to see a sex show, we came to hear some good jazz music. Twin 2's husband has known me since freshman year in high school so I'm sure he's no longer surprised by our antics.
7) I live in a beautiful community. When I'm out driving around town, I find that I'm breathing in the beauty of it.
8) If you feed ducks cereal, you've made a friend for life. On a side note, I've learned that feeding ducks bread can cause ducks to suffer from wing deformities. It's best to feed ducks Cheerios or a cereal that has wholesome oats.
9)There's nothing like the birds singing and the flowers blooming to give me hope. I call this bush, my hope bush.
10) Dog smiles are totally irresistible! No matter big he is, he is still my baby and knows that he's spoiled rotten.
What have you learned?
m o n d a y
1 hour ago