Don't forget about the Used Book Giveaway. Go here to read the post and to enter.
Things I've Learned....
1) It is possible for a dog to demolish every towel hanging in the bathroom in seconds and then greet you with a smile.
2) When a kid is naughty, try not to play the blame game...i,e. "She's on cold medicine" or "She is really sleepy" or "She misunderstood that being disruptive isn't cute." Baby Boo was a stinker at library school. She knocked two kids down, stood in front of another kid until the teacher told her to have a seat. All the while, I waited for her to catch my eye so I could give her "the look". She never once looked my way. I guess she figured she was home free.
3) I'm feeling lousy that the animal control officer came to the door with a note saying that our neighbors have complained about our dogs barking. There's one culprit and unfortunately, we have tried everything but a bark collar. I don't want to resort to that but short of begging Ceasar Millan to come for a visit, I don't know what else to do.
4) Intuition is a gift, if only heeded.
5) It's good to visit but you can never go back. I went back to my old neighborhood, the place where my girls were raised, where as a newlywed, I decorated the house. What I saw was a place that once held memories. No longer do I long for it. I no longer have the desire to see what's inside. After all, a house isn't a home unless there is love there.
6) The next time Boo and I go to the movies, I'm seriously stuffing homemade popcorn in my purse and sodas and a box of Milk duds. I can't believe how expensive it is to go to the movies. By the way, The Book of Eli is a good movie!
7) I have an issue with pet peeves. They grow. Before too long I have a pet peeve list a mile long. One of my most recent one is email forwards. I especially dislike the ones where it says, "Send this to 25 people in the next 5 minutes and something wonderful will happen." Like what?? I inherit a million dollars? Really???
8) I'm loving the couple that is going to celebrate 86 years of marriage in May. They are the cutest and wisest! Go here to read more!
9) Red envelopes are the coolest, especially when there's money in them! My daughter went to San Francisco and asked what I wanted. I told her, "Red envelope with money". She came back with a red envelope with money. Baby Boo saw the red envelope and TV Boo handed her one and she tore it up. I asked, "Why did you tear it?" She said, "There's no money." TV Boo had to "sneak" a dollar in another red envelope. You should've seen the look on Baby Boo's face when she opened it and found a dollar. She SLEPT with her dollar that night.
10) Darn kid germs. I feel like I'm coming down with another cold!!!
What have you learned?
T-Ball Game and Our Cousins Gathering!
4 hours ago