I can't believe how fast time is flying by! Summer is almost here. I'm trying hard not to complain this year about how hot it's going to get. It won't be easy but I'm going to try. On to the things I've learned....
1) Baby Boo is petrified of flies. She could be having the time of her life outside but once a fly flies by, she is done and ready to head indoors.
2) I miss Mother's day when my girls were little. One year, they made their own "perfume". They put some weeds that smelled like rain in a bottle of water and gave it to me and called it, "rain". It did smell like rain but I was afraid to wear it for fear my neck would break out.
3) It was hard not taking it personally when Baby Boo smacked me in the but and said, "Look at that fat butt!"
4) It's becoming a habit that my dog wake me up at 6:45 am to pee just so that she can get a treat. She really needs a 12 step treat intervention.
5) I've got the greatest blogging friends ever. If I win the lottery, hope you have a guest bedroom because I'm coming over to visit you!
6) Farmer Boo is taking his worm farm really serious. Baby Boo is less than impressed and when asking to hold a worm, she screamed and dropped it on the ground and said she wanted to go back inside the house. If it was a pony, I think she'd be more enthused.
7) Why do I hate anticipation? The older I get, the harder it is for me to wait for something to happen. I even get impatient when the ketchup takes too long to pour out.
8) I learned that the cheeseburger bird has had reason to beg for cheeseburgers. She has little McNuggets in the nest oven in our tree. Now I know that her cheeseburger cravings are normal.
9) TV Boo's nickname will be changed in the near future. She has decided not to renew her contract with the television station and will be moving 1 1/2 hours away from me. I'm trying to remind myself that it's all a part of leaving the nest but it's hard. I liked knowing that she was close by.
10) Some fairy tales and children's books are sorta morbid. I mean, wouldn't you have nightmares after hearing that the wolf disguised as Grandma was going to eat Little Red Riding Hood? Or how about Rock a Bye Baby? The bough breaks and down will come baby, cradle and all????? Who wrote this stuff??
What have you learned?
Saturday and Sunday in the Country
1 hour ago