Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Things I've Learned Thursday

1) When there's a fly around, it never fails to nosedive into my glass.

2) I would like to be a garbage collector just for one day. I'm sure I'd probably get fired for stopping and collecting items that I could restore and that I find sentimental or cool.

3) Socializing and making friends just isn't easy for some 3 year olds. Baby Boo and I went to the park and a group of kids from the Tiny Tots program were on recess. Baby Boo looked at the kids for a moment. Just when I thought she was going to say, "Hi. Wanna play with me?" She says, "RRrrrrrr! I'm a zombie and I'm going to get you." Nice going, Baby Boo. The kids ran from her and no one, not even the boys wanted to play with her.

4) I'm totally shocked by the video below of the 2 year old that smokes two packs of cigarettes per day. I was speechless when I saw it. I still am.


5) As much as I've been honored to take on the position as managing editor of Hope for Women Magazine, I made a decision to move on. Writing is such a passion of mine. That's where I feel most at home.

6) I've had an intense craving for nostalgic candy...Wacky Wafers, Kits, Gold Rush bubblegum, Jolly Joes and Sugar Daddies. Is this menopause or just old age?

7) Boo doesn't like chocolate covered strawberries. One more thing to add to the list of things that Boo isn't fond of. For his birthday, I thought I'd surprise him. He felt bad that I went to so much trouble. So, I ate a few...even knowing that I'm allergic to strawberries. I paid for it when I started itching and broke out in hives.

8) When my daughters were growing up, they were exposed to lots of music but still liked to watch the Elephant Show where they sung songs like She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain, and danced along with them. I'm totally disturbed by this video.


9) I can't watch certain things on tv out of fascination because I'll end up having nightmares. The Discovery Health channel was interviewing a guy that had another body growing from his own body. I can't even talk about it without getting a bit disturbed.

10) There's nothing like a holiday to bring out the bbq grill.

What have you learned?

13 comments:

Organic Motherhood with Cool Whip said...

That's funny. "RRrrrrrr! I'm a zombie and I'm going to get you" is my new friend pickup line as well. I guess I'm going to have to rethink it now.

Suz said...

Probably a good idea to move on from the managing editor's position. It will look good on your resume, though.

We can pray for each other's future employment. Whatever God has in mind. I am leaning on Him.

I love Baby Boo. What a pistol! She's going to be something when she gets older!

Veronica Lee said...

#4 is indeed shocking! I love Baby Boo too!

Have a nice day, Simone!

Mari said...

Both of those videos are disturbing. You gotta wonder what the parents are thinking.
Baby Boo is so funny!
My hubby doesn't like strawberries, so chocolate covered ones are for sure out of the picture. Crazy, huh?
Praying for you as you continue your job search.

Anonymous said...

Those videos are so disturbing. Makes me sad.

I love me some Wacky Wafers too!!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So there are five sets of parents who thought that it was okay for their young girls to dance like that! I guess they won't care when they are pole dancing someday!
This week I have learned that I just have to keep my mouth shut.

Andrea said...

I have several urgent prayer requests on arise 2 write.
andrea

dusty earth mother said...

Another body growing out of his body??? Thanks. Now I'm going to have nightmares.

Thanks for the follow, very happy to have found you! (or vice versa)

Bethany said...

When my brother was little, he told my Mom that he wanted to be a trash man when he grew up so that he could get to all the good stuff first.
Baby Boo sounds like quite the little character!
I left an award for you on my blog.

Unknown said...

Enjoy your Memorial Day!

Relyn Lawson said...

I loved your list and finding out more about how you think. Plus, you gave me a lot of laughs. Still, I was extremely disturbed by the second video. What on EARTH are those parents thinking?? I'm pretty sure they must never have heard of pedophiles and sexual abuse. Sheesh!!

Syrone said...

Poor Baby Boo...Before she breaks into zombie mode, she needs to check out her audience. Maybe the little boys might be into zombies? I remember Riah played with boys when she was that age because she was always so rough and tumble.

Thank YOU for your assistance with Hope. It takes a special calling to oversee the editorial aspect. It's far removed from writing which I often miss.

sanjeet said...

I love Baby Boo. What a pistol! She's going to be something when she gets older!
Adsense Alternative

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik