1) Jello is NOT a vegetarian food. It has meat by products that are found in the gelatin. It could be pork, beef, chicken, and who knows what else. (Little harmless fact I learned from Married Boo, the vegetarian guru.) Why do they serve Jello in hospitals?
2) The worst part of summer is that I sweat above my upper lip.
3) Mice not only like cheese but they like to eat books. One of my favorite Bible story books that I had when I was a kid has been destroyed thanks to Mickey. If he truly wants to get closer to God, I will help him see the light.
4) Ants have keen noses. They can smell a picnic at least 10 miles away. Obviously, they have poor eyesight because they can't see the Raid can in my hand right by their trail.
5) Who is responsible for making up rules for the NBA? I mean, whoever heard of a loose ball foul? I think they should recruit me to make the rules. I'd have a no cursing on the court foul and a help each other up point advantage. Why is it that football and baseball players can spit on the field but basketball players can't?
6) If only I'd take my own advice that I always give to my dogs. I tell them, "It's a treat, not a meal."
7) I'm not much of a reality tv show watcher but I do have a few favorites. One that I can't even stand to see the previews of, is Toddlers and Tiaras. Where is the child protective services when the moms are reaming their kids for not smiling the right way?
8) I've had a nostalgic craving for Kool-aid popsicles made with the Tupperware popsicle maker. That used to be a staple in my house during the summertime.
9) I love John Wooden's quotes. His wisdom will live on. "You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."
10) There's nothing that spells closure like a clean email inbox.
What have you learned?
Saturday and Sunday in the Country
1 hour ago