Joanna at The Fifty Factor has given a challenge that I'm going to attempt to try. The challenge is to list 84 things about myself and to challenge other bloggers to do the same. I hate to talk about me but it's a challenge I can't refuse.....here goes...
1) I had my four front teeth knocked out when I was 4 from hanging upside down from a pole.
2) I hate dentists and would rather have a shot or give blood.
3) My first daughter was almost born in the car.
4) I love caramel apples and will bypass the apple just to eat the caramel.
5) I eloped in my first and only marriage. I regret that I did. I wish that I had had a big ceremony but then, it didn't last so maybe it was for the best.
6) My fingernails grow really long without even trying very hard.
7) I learned how to cook when I was 8. I've been cooking ever since.
8) I never took any art classes yet, I am told that I'm a very talented artist.
9) My favorite cartoon to watch is the Flinstones.
10) I can eat crab legs until I'm sick.
11) I will never regret the things that I've experienced in my life.
12) I used to catch bees when I was a kid, with my fingers. I got stung all the time.
13) I'm allergic to almost every grass imaginable and break out in hives if I sit on it for too long.
14) I love Valentine's day but only if I have someone special in my life.
15) I always wanted a chimpanzee as a pet when I was a kid.
16) I believe in serendipity and love at first sight .
17) I hate having to say goodbye.
18) I avoid hearing certain songs because of the memories they invoke.
19) I drive a Lexus that people always comment about how nice it is. To me, it's just a car.
20) I hate Geico insurance commercials.
21) I laugh when I ride roller coasters instead of screaming.
22) My second daughter is a lot like me. I feel sorry for her at times and other times, I'm so glad that I have a mini me.
23) As an adult, I used to be afraid of the dark. It finally stopped when I found out that I was dealing with depression.
24) I often let my dreams get in the way of my day. If I wake up from a dream grouchy, it takes awhile to shake it off.
25) I love completing challenging things. (That's why I'm doing this.)
26) I am not loving driving in Oregon. The roads are quite different from California. I finally breathe once I get to my destination.
27) I love ladybugs and butterflies. They represent life and happiness to me.
28) I crave strange things and at the strangest times. Lately, I've been craving ramen noodles after watching a movie called Ramen Girl.
29) I love going into See's candy with Single Boo. She always gives me her free sample.
30) I have an autograph from Sally Fields when she was starring in the Flying Nun.
31) I miss my cat Charlie. It was years ago but he was one of a kind. I still find that I'm angry that he was taken away and dumped at the side of the road.
32) I love cheese.
33) Two hymns that I love and can never get enough of are, "It Is Well With My Soul" and "His Eye Is On The Sparrow"
34) I don't like jelly on my peanut butter sandwich.
35) My first kiss was with a guy that later decided that he chose the wrong twin and went for my twin sister instead.
36) When I was in high school, I rode the bus (public transportation) with 20 mentally disabled adults. There was always drama on the bus.
37) When I think of Baby Boo, I will myself not to cry from missing her.
38) I was only sent to the principal's office one time in my life. I never got a swat.
39) I was a photography editor of my high school yearbook, along with my twin sister. We had no idea what in the heck we were doing but played it off well.
40) I like gardening but hate tomato worms. They are creepy!
41) I've never liked Elvis Presley and can't figure out the hype about him.
42) I used to take gymnastics when I was a kid. Years later, when Single Boo excelled, I was thrilled.
43) I breathed a sigh of relief when Single Boo had to quit gymnastics. I wanted nothing more than for her to live a normal life without so much pressure.
44) I have always dreamed of adopting from another country.
45) I worked at Disneyland as a teenager and got to go inside for free. Eventually, I grew tired of Disneyland. (It's eery when it's closed and there's no one there but maintenance.)
46) My twin sister and I always shared a cake for our birthday.
47) The very first person I saw dead was my aunt when I was about 5 years old. It scared the you know what out of me. For that reason, I'd rather remember a person the way they were before they died than to go to their memorial service.
48) I hate the way I sound when I talk.
49) My twin sis and I used to eat walnuts picked fresh from the tree when they were still green. I'm surprised that we never got sick.
50) I remember a dream that I had when I was in first grade. It never leaves me as silly as it was.
51) I am not fond of Snicker's bars after eating them for breakfast when I was in college, to curb the hunger.
52) I thought seeing a human cadaver was the most fascinating thing ever. Even seeing the inside of the head, minus the brain, fascinating.
53) I enjoy watching foreign films.
54) My most favorite toy when I was 3 was my red tricycle.
55) I thought it was totally exciting to meet Colonel Sanders face to face.
56) I am addicted to french fries.
57) My favorite flower is a freesia.
58) I'm blind without my glasses or contact lens.
59) My great grandfather's name was Benjamin Franklin.
60) I hate when people ask me, "What are you?"
61) I love the smell of a bookstore or library.
62) I make up songs to sing to my dogs all the time.
63) I'm a certified parent educator. I taught child development to pregnant and parenting teens.
64) I can't stand when people litter.
65) I worked in 4 maximum security prisons for youth offenders. (I was afraid but never let it show.)
66) I speak Spanish but don't use it very much after I taught my ex how to speak Spanish and he had an affair and then married a Spanish speaking girl.
67) I am attached to my pillow and can't sleep unless I'm holding it in my arms.
68) I invented something that a "friend" stole and marketed. I try not to think much about her dishonesty.
69) I love every moment of being a mom.
70) I crocheted a throw for my ex's mom and found it later in her garage, being used for a dog blanket.
71) I sing to myself when I'm shopping. If I hear a song on the radio, I often try to sing along.
72) I am afraid that I may never find true love again.
73) My favorite movie is Beaches because of the friendship between the two ladies. It reminds me so much of my twin sister and I.
74) I hate brussel sprouts and liver.
75) I can be very stubborn when I want to be.
76) My favorite color is cobalt blue.
77) When I can't sleep, I write stories in my head. When I wake up, most of the time, the stories are gone.
78) I have recorded tracks in a recording studio for some of the songs my ex and I wrote.
79) I like to lick the beaters when I make cookies or a cake.
80) I love the smell of rain.
81) Shopping in thrift stores and at yard sales is like an unexpected adventure.
82) I love making a mess more than I like cleaning up the mess.
83) I enjoy giving gifts than getting gifts.
84) I used to ride ATVs when I lived in the desert. I saw my life flash before me when one almost rolled down a hill while I was still on it.
If you'd like to play along, please let me know so I can check out your list as well.
m o n d a y
1 hour ago