1) Chilling comes easy when the weather is JUST right. Sam has the right idea. Go outside, sniff the air and then relax.
2) I've never felt so far away until I heard that my daughter in California had been taken by ambulance to the hospital after fainting and hitting the pavement, not once but a few times. I wanted to fall apart when I realized how impossible it was for me to be there for with her but then, realized that she has a great husband and is in good hands. (By the way, after stitches and tests ran, she's doing much better.)
3) The most irritating sound is the sound of my dogs licking their feet. I mean, why do it for 20 minutes without a pause?
4) What signifies home for me is find the local library and getting my "official" library card.
5) Why didn't someone tell me that there are huge spiders in Oregon? There was a hobo spider in our house and I about jumped out of my skin. Not good. Not good at all!!
6) I really can live without television. Single Boo and I decided not to get cable tv but to watch Netflix or do other things for amusement. It hit me just yesterday that I haven't missed it at all.
7) Single Boo and I are so much alike that we cancel each other out...from the way we slather (drench) our bagels in butter to only putting cream cheese on one side to loving Spam and grits and biscuits in the morning.
8) Skype is becoming my new best friend when it comes to keeping in touch with my family.
9) My daughters are 22 and 21 and I still announce, "I have to go potty." When will my vocabulary change?
10) Going up the stairs is the scariest thing for a roly poly, short legged dog.
What have you learned?
8 hours ago