Celebrating the holidays just isn't for the kids, although I think my brother in law makes the greatest santa of all. The picture below is of him riding in the city of Compton's annual Christmas parade. There's nothing like being the most awaited and popular guy in the whole parade!
Not only that but a few weeks ago, he was at the tree lighting, sitting patiently as each child gave him their Christmas wish. It hit me...I've been asking the wrong guy for stuff! :) My sister has the hook up on getting every thing her heart desires!
Even more precious is Single Boo's friend's daughter who is already making her "grown up" Christmas list at 3 years old.
But, if I had a chance to make my wishes known to Santa....here is my Grown Up Christmas list....
1) A sexy, sweet, honest, faithful Christian man who gets me and I can look forward to spending the rest of my life with.
2) An impromptu snowball fight
3) heat controlled, warm, fluffy pajamas
4) lifetime poop scooping service
5) my own private jet to visit my sister whenever I want
6) a Baby Grand piano, shiny and black
7) my very own vineyard
8) an endless supply of Orville Redenbacher's Poppycock (without any calories that stick)
9) a new wardrobe
10) Each year, when my grandmother was asked what she wanted for Christmas, she'd say, "My life, health and strength." I never understood how she could ask for "just" that. But, now that I'm older, I understand. I too want life and to live it joyfully, health, both emotional and physical health and strength to persevere even when I feel like I'm hitting a wall.
What is on your grown up Christmas list?
how to love your kids well
1 hour ago