1) Wearing shoes that are too tight is like being in labor with a 10 pound baby.
2) Dog poop should be used for undercover purposes. I swear that it remains invisible until the footprints are recognized on the carpet, at least 15 minutes later.
3) Peach cobbler is a special way to share my love.
4) I'm easily amused by nightcrawlers when it's raining. They crawl around like rain is the best thing since coffee grounds.
5) The best feeling in the world is to discover my writing voice once again. It's been almost three years since I wrote a poem. I had hit writer's block head on in that area.
6) My favorite word (used often) in - the last few weeks has been "oops".
7) Folks in Oregon are much more comfy in a good pair of jeans.
8) I feel guilty when I have a conversation with someone and I can't understand them because they either have a deep accent or a speech impediment. I spoke to a client in China and we carried on a conversation on the phone for 10 minutes and most of it was spent with me saying, "Can you repeat that again? I'm not sure if I understood you." She was so very sweet and took it all in stride. Me? I felt terrible.
9) The next time I dream that I can't find my car in the parking lot (which I dream at least 12 times a year or more), I'm going to remind myself that I can always take a cab.
10) Once I get attached to you, you are given a nickname. I guess that's why my dog, Sam has a billion and one of them. One of his new nicknames is Toejam Sam. Trust me, he rightfully owns that nickname.
What have you learned?
T-Ball Game and Our Cousins Gathering!
4 hours ago