I have been missing all of you. Life has been way busier than I'd like but hoping to see it slow down within the next two months. A big surprise is on the horizon....but in the meantime, here are the things I've learned...
1) When Mama said there'd be days like this, she wasn't kidding.
2) Sugar is a hallucinogenic to ants. When I open up the sugar canister, the ants are all sprawled out, with dream clouds circling over their heads. The moment I shake it, they wake up and look as if they are saying, "Hey! Who turned on the lights?"
3) Even perfectly good flowers have to be thrown away at an unmentioned store because they are considered less than perfect. (I'm willing to dumpster dive just to take home a few bouquets.)
4) Sweetened condensed milk on a peanut butter sandwich is messy but delicious.
5) I will never learn to spell the word, h'or deurvs. (See!?!?!)
6) There's no such thing as making time. It's all about making time.
7) Flunking the written Oregon DMV test is more humiliating than forgetting my wallet with a cart full of groceries at the check out.
8) One more month until something wonderful happens. I'll give you a hint...my twin sister is coming out!
9) I've done really good not complaining about the rain in Oregon but I'm really anticipating the sunshine and warm summer days.
10) I'm home!
What have you learned?
m o n d a y
1 hour ago