Friday, June 10, 2011

Things I've Learned Thursday...or is it Friday??

1) The coolest thing is meeting another twin who validates that it's not "weird" to talk to your twin sis 4 times in a day and then watch a tv show together while on the phone.

2) I have a newly discovered medical condition called Musical Tourette's. I break out into singing without warning, especially in stressful situations. Singing beats screaming!

3) Lover Boo talks to hisself. The funny thing is, I heard him answer back. (He may totally deny this but I know what I heard!)

4) Librarians no longer stress the importance of kids talking quietly or using inside voices. What happened to, "Quiet please?"

5) I must be clueless because I have no idea who Weiner is and what he did.

6) Bees, in their small little life times, only produce 1/12 of a teaspoon of honey. Talk about being "productive". I am so glad that they have something else they are famous for such as the "birds and the bees".

7) As the Fed Ex truck drove past me, I discovered one thing...I like the smell of diesel fuel.

8) The internet strikes again! After reading that there was a cat here in Oregon that contracted Bubonic Plague, I researched the symptoms. I discovered that the pain in the back of my neck closely resembled the plague so I diagnosed myself. Thankfully, it was only a three day bout of BP.

9) Lately, one of my favorite phrases has been, (In my best country accent), "Well, I'll be darned!"

10) I've got a new job and in two weeks, I'll be wearing a different hat! I'm so excited!!!

What have you learned?

21 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice on the new job...ha i think i have musical taurettes as well...

Mari said...

1) I don't have a twin, but I have a sister that I talk to several times a day. We've even watched parts of a tv show together.
2) I have the same condition - sometimes drives my family crazy
3) :)
4) Good question!
5) You don't want to know!
6) interesting
7) yuck...
8) I'm glad you are cured!
9) I'd like to hear that accent
10) WooHoo on the new job!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if my first one went through. ARGH

But yay! Congrats on the new job!

Deidra said...

A new job? YAY!!! Now THAT is good news!

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

I have 3 daughters that all text back and forth with me when the "Dancing" shows are on. I talk to each of them daily, usually only minutes but I love that connection.

New jobs are fun and scarey. I wish you well.

Sweet Tea said...

When I see the Fedex truck I always look for the "arrow". Do you see it?

Well I'll be darned, a NEW job! Congrats!!

I wouldn't want to be a Bee - way too much work for such a tiny bit of sweetness.

BTW, I love your name; it sounds very "Hollywood"!!

Anita said...

I've been away from blogging and have missed you.

Lover Boo? Hmmm... Is he the reason why you don't know who Wiener is? Are your thoughts elsewhere? Good for you!

Congrats on the new job!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Congrats on new job....

I love the musical taurettes so much better the my exercise introduce cursing taurettes!!

Have a great weekend!

Ann said...

I always thought that talking to oneself is normal... oh maybe its just me.

Love this post...so cool ♥

Ina in Alaska said...

Lover Boo? Have I missed something?

A new job! Hooray!!!

Diva's Thoughts said...

I bet it is really cool having a twin. I used to wish I had one.

Congrats on the new job!!!

Chapters From My Life said...

I laughed out loud scaring my daughter when I read 8).. LOL. This happens so often with everyone who uses net.

Buckeroomama said...

Woo hoo on the new job! :)

A lot of things worse than having musical Tourette. :)

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

What happened to 'quiet' period?

I do the singing without warning thing too. I always tell folks that my life as its own musical score.

Weiner did his weiner....which, in my book makes him a dick. Did I just write that? Whoops!

Lola X said...

Love it!

Lola x
http://lola-x.blogspot.com

Lin said...

My friend, Wendy, sings instead of cussin'. She is a smart lady. Everyone thinks she is happy. :)

A new job??? Okay, spill it, pally!

I don't really want to know what Weiner did with his weiner. Really. Can this stuff quit being "news"?

Liz Mays said...

Can't wait to hear about your new job!

But this diesel fuel love, that's rather unusual.

Anonymous said...

Your a twin,that's awesome.
and I did not know that about bees!

Congrats on the new job, you'll be fantastic.Please give us update!


Hey I'm having my first giveaway June 15th!
Sure hope you can join us(HappierThanAPigInMud),we are having a cookalong with the Pillsbury Doughboy and I'm giving away a Pillsbury cookbook and a doughboy.
~JO
Lazyonloblolly

Veronica Lee said...

#10 I'm so excited for you!! Congrats, Simone! I wish you the very best!!!!

SouthLakesMom said...

Wow - I just came over from Sweet Tea and I'm adding you to my "must read this regularly" list.

Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Southlakesmom

Annesphamily said...

I don't have a twin but my sissy is five years older than me and we have talked on the phone for an entire Rockies game and the Kentucky Derby! I knew a girl who contracted the BP. She recovered. I wish I had a new job! Best of luck with yours! I am excied about the wedding! woo Hoo! Anne

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik