Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tidbits and Morsels and Stuff, Oh My!

If you're a blog reader of mine, you probably feel like you've come right in the middle of a television episode, needing a few of the blanks filled in. Well, I'll do my best and without any commercial interruptions.

First, for those of you that were left wondering what a nutria looks like...for your viewing pleasure. It looked pretty cute swimming in the water until J Boo (my main squeeze, my soon to be better half) announced that it was a rodent...rat like. It lost it's cute factor pretty fast.



On to the questions about my mystery man aka known as J Boo. J for the joy he brings and also for the journey that we're on together and the fact that his name begins with a J. Meeting J Boo is so much more than I can describe in a blog post. We met at a place in our lives where neither one of us expected to fall head over heels in love. What started out as a friendship soon became evident that we both felt much more. I hesitated to share with him a poem that I had written, expressing those thoughts. Unbeknownst to me, he had written one as well but chose not to share it with me until the time was right.

J Boo didn't want me to know that he was a mean cook in the kitchen. Being the modest man he is, he told me that the one thing he sorta knew how to fix pretty good was steak. Then his youngest daughter let it "slip" that he made the best steak ever. Surprisingly, I was given an invitation to head to his house for dinner. When I arrived, I was met with the most beautiful ambiance. Candles were glowing everywhere! There was a huge bouquet of roses and the house smelled wonderful! He asked me to sit down because he wanted to read something to me. He beautifully framed the poem he had written and began to read it to me. It was called, Will You Walk With Me? As he got to the end of the poem, he said, "Simone, will you walk with me through this journey we call life? Will you give me the pleasure and joy of....and he got down on one knee and pulled out a ring box and finished, "of being my wife? Will you marry me?" I was speechless for a quick minute as I took in what this meant. I be the wife of a pastor and father of 4 as well as a man who's skin was not the same color as mine, who lived almost an hour away and who's life experiences were quite different than my own. This man brought me more laughter and joy and support and encouragement and love, than any man has ever shown. My J Boo held me as I cried unstoppable tears when I had to say good bye to my puppy Sam. He held my hand as I shared openly about my fears, disappointments and dreams. He was ever bit the man that I had asked God for and he stood before me, waiting my reply. "Yes!" I said. "I would love to be your wife."



We're having a very intimate ceremony with just our kids in the Rose Garden in Salem, Oregon. The roses are beginning to bloom so I'm anticipating plenty of pictures with color splashing everywhere! We'll celebrate our lives together with the kids, at our new "old" house. It's a beautiful old house with plenty of memories and I'm looking forward to making many many more. In the near future, my twin sister and her family will be out and then, we'll have the reception. Located below is the gazebo where we'll say our vows.



I anticipate all of the firsts...the first holidays spent together, the first meal cooked in our home, even the first disagreement because in the midst of that, comes the joy of making up. I also have the joy of starting a new job and as the kids have reminded me, a new dog so that Selah won't be so lonely.

Scary but exciting all at the same time!

18 comments:

Mining for Diamonds said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! (Yes, I'm shouting!) I am so very happy for you. I pray that the Lord will be with you both as you begin this new journey, and this His blessing rests upon you on your special day. I hope you post pictures! :D So I'm intrigued by the fact that "his skin is a different color than mine." I can say that cuz you know I'm in the same situation. *wink* Not that it matters, but I'm always interested in how the Lord knits two hearts together regardless of race or ethnicity. I love how true love knows no color, especially when it is birthed in the Spirit. Excited for you!!!

Mari said...

I'm so excited for you! I've been waiting to hear more about this mystery man and I have to say that he sounds wonderful! I'm with Mining for Diamonds - we need pictures! :)

Sweet Tea said...

What a LOVE story!!
I feel like I'm reading a novel.
I.Am.So.Happy.For.You.

Can't wait to read the next installment.
God's plan is always perfect!!

SouthLakesMom said...

You and he and Mining For Diamonds are the kinds of God-ordained couples who will lead our churches into true fellowship -- the way Jesus wants us to fellowship. "There is no Jew nor Greek ..."

Congratulations and thank you for sharing this. Even those of us who are a bit mature need to know that fairy tales have a nugget of truth in them!

Lin said...

Wow. You lead a very exciting life, Simone! Lots of adventures happening every day!!! I'm very happy that you are happy again. :)

Jill said...

Congratulations!!! I am so very happy for you!!

Blessings,
Jill

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

Nothing like a new love to make us feel young and adventuresome again. Even your writing has smiles.

Can't wait to see the newly wed's photos.

Veronica Lee said...

Congrats, Simone!! I'm so excited and happy for you. Like the rest, I can't wait to hear more about your mystery man!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

May God bless the two of you separately, as a couple and as a family!! This is the best news, Simone! I'm so glad you filled in some of the blanks because it read like a well written story.

Will you move to his house or he to yours....or will you find a new place?

How does the wife of a pastor concept feel to you? I'll admit, I'd be nervous. :)

Ina in Alaska said...

Simone Please picture me sitting at my kitchen table with tears streaming down my cheeks because that is what is happening as I type these words. Happy tears. What a journey you have been on over the past few years. It has been so hard and now a new life. Congratulations and best wishes. I hope J Boo knows what a wonderful lady he truly has.

The Gazebo is lovely. I wish you all the best on your wedding and a bright future. PS the steak dinner sounded delicious but I was wondering if you were able to eat after the proposal! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you Simone!! You are such a sweetheart and so so so deserving of the love! Isn't it funny that sometimes it's nothing like we pictured???? All the best to you and J Boo!

Chapters From My Life said...

You could have made a lot of money if you had recorded the event and uploaded it on youtube. But with such treasure of happiness money can be ignored. I am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Joe proposed to me in the driveway as I was getting out of the car. He already had plane tickets and the next day we flew to Florida and got married. Ten years later, we're living in Florida. Full circle. Back where we started, we're starting over. It will be an honor to meet you and J Boo.

Connie said...

I've been reading your post now for a while but I have not responded. I want to congratulate you on your new love. May God bless you as you live out this adventure.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Oh Simone, I wish you and J Boo all the happiness and joy your hearts can hold. I'm so happy for you and your family and thrilled that they'll be with you on your special day. I'll be thinking of you and sending love and hugs.
xoxox jj

Buckeroomama said...

Oh, Simone. I couldn't be happier for you! J Boo sounds just lovely and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness. :)

Annesphamily said...

Congrats to you! I am always so happy to see you here and I appreciate your kind comments to me. I wish you so much beauty and love in your new beginning. You are so well loved and I am getting so dreamy thinking of the beautiful poem and proposal! Ah...ain't life grand? Many blessings to both of you! Pictures, lots of pictures pretty please! Anne

Anita said...

Sooo romantic. :) I can't wait to follow along your journey. Share what you can when you can.

Perhaps a wedding picture in the gazabo??? :)

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik