I got an email from one of my friends who has been a blogger friend for as long as I've been blogging and that's what she said.
Who me? Are you serious?
I was touched and humbled but I don't feel like I fit that description at all. I mean, sure I do nice things...like at this moment, I'm on an eating strike in solidarity with J who is prepping for a colonoscopy. (I want him to feel like he's not alone in the torture.) But, that's not always the case.
In fact, I have some honest confessions to make:
* I can get feisty. Ask J. He'll tell you. He calls it being ornery (just a nice way of saying that I'm being a pain in the butt.)
* Being a bonus mom has been much more challenging than I thought. I like things neat and clean and the minute the kids leave stuff a mess, then I growl or bottle my frustration up inside, seething as I toss and turn.
* I can be a penny-pincher. I would rather save money than spend it. Some people may call that being miserly but I just don't like the idea of spending 18.00 on something that I could've bought and cooked for half the cost.
* I get impatient often. I want things to happen yesterday.
* I can get grouchy over little things that may not be a big deal at all.
* I don't tolerate know it all's too well and sometimes I say, "Shut up" in my head when they are talking.
* I totally have no tolerance for bratty kids at a store. I sometimes give them the stink eye to make them stop.
* I say no thank you often to cute little girl scouts selling cookies.
* I fight enviousness with a vengeance.
* I blow things out of proportion at times. (Not lie...just exaggerate.)
* I have a huge problem with stress eating.
* I sometimes want to have my cake and eat it too.
* I call myself names...nerd, dummy, etc.
* I smile on the outside even when I don't feel like smiling at all.
* I put on a tough exterior even though I'm ready to crumble into a ball.
* I read and study the Bible less than I do other things...not making God first priority.
* I vent - A LOT!!
* I actually have a hard time believing that I'm a nice person. There's way too much that I need work on in my life.
* I dread that you all are going to tell me that I'm nice just because you think that's what I want to hear.
But, to make me feel better, what is one thing that you wish you could erase from the person that you are?