Tuesday, September 25, 2012

There's Something In the Air

Today was a day that I could definitely bypass and be quite relieved. This was the day that Mooshu, the puppy, pooped on the fireplace hearth for the billionth time and right in front of J (no shame), ate crayons, coffee filters and tore up a box of soap (praying that the soap isn't in his stomach). The hilariousness of it all is that he is now at my feet, snoring. I guess being naughty is exhausting!

I have discovered that when I am feeling stressed (which has been quite often lately), the best place for me to be is alone. When I'm alone, I talk to God, myself and even dogs and birds that I walk past throughout my day. Yesterday, after really struggling with the messy house syndrome, I went upstairs to the bedroom to scream, cry, and let it all out. Instead, I walked into the bathroom for a kleenex to wipe the tears from my eyes and I saw a ladybug crawling on the floor. I picked it up and started talking to it. I gently put it on the bonsai tree  (that I'm praying won't die because I'm babysitting it for a co-worker). I walked out of the bathroom and forgot about the ladybug.

A few hours later, I was feeling tired and grouchy once again and went back into the bathroom. (I have to go sometimes, right?) There she was again. Crawling around in the bathroom. I picked her up and put her back on the bonsai tree. (Reminded the tree to live, not die).

The next morning, I was laying on the bed, thinking about how difficult life can be at times. Although I hadn't lost the desire to scream, I felt brave enough to open the bedroom door and peek out. Whew. It was quiet. I went to the bathroom and there she was, belly up in a small drop of water. My heart started to pound. I was trying to figure out if ladybug cpr was possible when her leg moved. Then another leg moved. She was alive! I put her back on the bonzai once again, this time feeling nauseous because the leaves were starting to turn yellow.

I realized at that moment that the ladybug was a reminder to me that God takes care of the little and big things in my life, no matter how out of control or tough it can be. I just need to open up my hand and let go of the things keeping me from feeling happy and whole.

15 comments:

Mari said...

I love how God speaks to us! Isn't it cool how He used that ladybug, and arranged for it to be in the bathroom when you needed it? He's in the small stuff and the big stuff and He loves you. He cares about your crummy day - even when the dog eats the crayons.
Praying for you tonight, my friend.

Brian Miller said...

smiles...a nice reminder...we all need those...esp on days when puppies are being naughty...we had a puppy for a very short period back in the day...he ate the kitchen table...and had to be returned....

Sandra said...

Isn't it amazing how He shows us that He's always there? I think we all get so caught up with our lives at times that we forget to really see what is before us :)

This was a great reminder.

Puppy's are so naughty, they have so much energy hahah

Thank you for stopping by my blog, so glad you did, I hope to return to yours many times to say hi :)

God bless,
Sandra

Shelly said...

I love your ladybug moments! The Lord speaks truth to us in so many lovely ways, doesn't He?

This is so very well written- could be in a devotional.

Jill said...

You know having a ladybug in your home means good luck right? :-) God works in mysterious ways for sure. Hugs to you and know things will get better.
Have a lovely week!

Blessings,
Jill

Liz Mays said...

He certainly does and we just need to trust him. I'm glad you were given a little ladybug visit x 3.

Linda Myers said...

Nice little messenger, that ladybug.

Chatty Crone said...

He does show up with some little things to show us big messages at times.

Chatty Crone said...

He does show up with some little things to show us big messages at times.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Simone Sweetie..
Such a beautiful share this morning. Ladybugs are just my favorite of all, and what a beautiful way to receive a message from God.

Your puppy is just beginning, as we lost our beautiful companion of 12 years. Someday you will be remembering these wonderful times and smiling. Won't believe this little pup, that grows up into such a loyal companion, ever did such things. I am smiling as I read about the puppy stunts. Memories sweet friend. Thank you so much for stopping by and for sending some love my way, and for sharing today. You warmed my heart. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

yonca said...


What a beautiful messenger of God.Great post,I really enjoyed to read it. Have a wonderful day!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great, Great message...and great lady

Veronica Lee said...

Yes, a great reminder indeed, Simone!

Brandi said...

Such a valuable lesson and a great reminder. We all need those from time to time. Thanks for sharing your story.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik