Sunday, September 22, 2013

Soggy Cereal

This is the least of my problems but one that I has grabbed my focus lately....soggy cereal. I got my love of cereal before I was even old enough to say, "I'm Coocoo for Cocoa Puffs!! I have a few that are still my faves even though the sugar content is off the un-nutritional charts. 

Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries...something about the dye in the crunch berries makes the cereal. Then, there's another favorite of mine, Reese Peanut Butter Puffs...but unfortunately, I can no longer enjoy their peanutty goodness thanks to my new tree nut allergies. Then there's Sugar Frosted Flakes...their GREATTTT!!!

But the biggest dilemma is I can't stand soggy cereal and cereal just ain't cereal unless you have some sort of dairy or wanna be dairy product.

The only way I can enjoy a good bowl of cereal is to pour the coconut milk (yep, now allergic to almond milk) into the cereal and try to eat it before the crunch disappears...which is usually 39.2 seconds. (I counted). 

Why does it seem like the crunch lasted so much longer when I was a kid?

And what does soggy cereal have to do with life? 

My longtime blog friend, Jenny Matlock left a comment on my last blog post. She said, 

Write what you feel.

Write knock knock jokes.

Write nothing.

Just don't curl inside yourself because you have so much to offer the world it would be a shame if your voice went totally silent.

Thanks my friend for the reminder that the blog world would be a much more quieter place if I chose not to write. 

Last year, I was asked about my love for writing and my reply was, "I write like I breathe. If I couldn't write, I would probably cease to exist." What a melodramatic answer but one that honestly speaks from the depths of who I am. 

I am not finished with writing. 

Thankfully, writing for me is better than rushing to eat my cereal before the crunch disappears. 

i can take my time, and enjoy every morsel of creativity as it comes (if it comes).

Thank you all for hanging in there with me...through the good, the bad and the sometimes, soggy. You all remind me that that's why I love to write!!

Looking forward to visiting you all!

Now, I'm off to have a bowl of cereal.

10 comments:

Mari said...

You've been on my heart and I'm glad to see a post from you!
I hate soggy cereal too. I don't eat it often, but when I do I use minimal milk so there's less chance of sogginess. :)

MissKris said...

I'm having the same problem...my blog is just sitting there gathering dust. Oh well...one of these days! And I have the same soggy-cereal problem you do. What I've done most of my life - because I've had this dislike as far as I can remember - is pour the cereal in a bowl, eat it dry by hand, and have a big glass of milk on the side. Works for me! :-)

Brian Miller said...

crunch berries are the bomb!!!! and soggy cereal is terrible...maybe we shoveled it in faster as a kid...smiles...

Lin said...

The secret is less milk. You can keep adding as you go along. Sorta like writing...start with a small post and add more as you go along.

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

I'm happy to read another of your blog posts. Soggy cereal is icky. I sometimes don't get enough in there. i blog when I can lately. Been busy and don't care if site health isn't good. i blog when i can as it's another world in here. But I enjoy writing as well, like writing a letter to someone and sending it and it goes around the world as well as stateside. Hugs and hang in there.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Good to see and READ you, Simone.

I hope you are feeling better and getting to the bottom of your health issues.

Soggy cereal is not great but those first few VERY crunch bites are always the best, then again-- the last 2 spoons full of milk at the end-- sweetened by the Cocoa Puffs is pretty darn good too.

xoxoxo jj

Michael said...

Hi Simone,
My name is Michael Roberts. I have a solution for your soggy cereal. I am the inventor of the Obol. Send me a shipping address and I will send you one. You can see the Obol at; www.obol.co (not .com) .
You can contact me at info@obol.co
Best to you,
Michael

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to see you're back. We miss you.

Anita said...

Where ARRRRRREEEE you, Simone!

I miss you. xoxo

Relyn Lawson said...

It's Thanksgiving Day, and our family eats an early dinner instead of lunch. Just now there is a lull between the hectic preparations and all the guests arriving for the meal. I wanted to take some of that time to visit my blogging friends. I needed to say thank you. Thank you for the inspiration you provide here in your place and for the comments you leave behind when you visit mine. Happy Thanksgiving, friend.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik