Monday, June 17, 2024

Finding Joy in Spite of Loss

When I think the many, incredible, amazing, unusual, horrifying, exciting, loss for words moments in my life the last few years, I'm speechless. Those of you that know me know that that isn't very often that I'm speechless. I can't wrap my mind around loss. I lost my mom, then my dad. I lost my godmother, a second mom to me, an aunt who also help raise me and my sisters. Then came the loss of a deep friendship. But even though there has been loss, there have been so many blessings to rejoice over. Pastor J pastors a church where we truly love the church family. We have the joy of ministry together. We have a wonderful neighborhood in the small community we live. And get this, four children's chapter books getting published next year. I have joy in the simple things. Watching my peonies bloom, hearing the wind blowing through the trees, working a puzzle, creating artistic masterpieces, cheering my love on and snuggling up with our 75 pound labradoodle and pint sized Havanese princess. I'm finding joy in place of sorrow. Why? Because in the loss, I realize it's not goodbye but "see you later". And for that I am content and joyful.

1 comment:

Mari said...

Hi! It's so good to see you here again.
There's a lot of wisdom in this post. So often we look for joy in big things, but finding joy in the many blessings we have in our day to day life is important. Loss is also part of life and it's so hard. It's been a year since my Dad passed, but how blessed I was to have the Dad I had, and to have him for as long as I did. Knowing he is with the Lord, is the best, and I know you can say the same.
See you soon!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik