Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Life Changes versus Life changes

It's all a matter of perspective. The picture above brings vivid memories of my love for the ocean but almost a memory. It has been my place to come alive and breathe again. Years ago, when going through a divorce, my daughter took me to Newport and for the first time in a long time, I laughed and smiled again. Pastor J has this keen sense when I need to get close to the ocean to breathe again. A few years ago, my excitement for the ocean changed. We were walking hand in hand. I remember Pastor J saying, "Never turn your back on the waves." I got closer to feel the water on my feet while noticing another lady enjoying the ocean the way I was. I said to Pastor J, "See, I have a sea sister." We smiled and I continued to enjoy the waves. Then, a sneaker way took me under. Before I knew it, I was held down by the force, as it tumbled me out. I felt Pastor J trying to pull me but he was losing from the strength of the waves. I knew that soon, I would be swept so far that I would be swallowed up by the waves. It was a miracle as two men, out of nowhere (the beach was deserted) went into the water and pulled me out. I believe they were angels as I didn't see them there before and they left before I could thank them. This changed how I view the ocean. Yes, it's so beautiful but it's powerful and I have to admit, scary. It has taken me baby steps to want to get close enough to feel the water on my feet again. That's how life can often be. We can be headed in a direction that feels just right and WHOOSH! It suddenly changes right before our eyes. In those changes, we find the courage to come up out of the water and breathe again. Even through the storms, Jesus Christ is my anchor!

2 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

What a powerful story!
Your experience with the ocean is a vivid reminder of life's sudden changes.
It's inspiring how you found the courage to face the waves again and how your faith has anchored you through the storms.

Hugs and blessings, Simone!

Mari said...

I didn't know the ocean could pull you out that way. The great lakes can also be dangerous, but not that bad. Thankful for God's protection over you!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik