Wednesday, August 21, 2024

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That

I’m quite fascinated by different cultures. To learn more of the traditions, the language, the people is intriguing. I have Korean friends that encouraged me to not only learn to make Korean food but to also learn the language. Learning Hangul kicked me a bit. I can read a bit, speak some but not enough to carry on a conversation. But I’m determined to get better at it. Recently, I hung out with my daughter and we decided to try a little bit of this and that at the local Korean market. I think we were there for 2 hours as we oohed and aahed over different foods and produce. We decided to try whatever sparked our curiosities. We tried pajeon (a pancake like delight) which I really liked. It definitely was nothing like the traditional American pancakes. Much more savory. We also tried jjinppang which is a fluffy steamed bun with red bean paste, seaweed salad, sausage norim which was sausage, rice and seaweed – tasty. We also had lychee and rambutan – a cute fruit with spikes on the outside but sweet and juicy inside. We couldn’t resist the various Korean style Lays potato chips and of course, ramen. I would love to hear about the foods you have tried from different cultures. I’m excited to hear about it!
This isn't the food we ate but a big, delicious assortment of delight!!

4 comments:

Mari said...

That sounds like a fun time with your daughter! I'm kind of a fuddy duddy when it comes to food. I tend to stick to things I know. However, I do like chinese food and will try things that people suggest. I just like to know what I'm getting. :)
I'm so impressed with you learning Korean!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Way to go on trying something new! You are adventurous.

Chatty Crone said...

I have to say I loved your post, and I think you were brave to try new things. That being said when I go someplace new - I am NOT as adventurous as you!
Happy that you had a nice time with your daughter.

Veronica Lee said...

What a delightful experience at the Korean market!
I love pajeon and make it quite often at home.
It’s always exciting to explore new flavors and cultures.
Thanks for sharing your food journey!

Hugs and blessings, Simone

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik