Things I Learned Thursday

Before I get into this, I have to give a disclaimer...this is not stuff that I learned in one day's time. I'm not that much of a sponge....just pretend to be one! LOL

1) Vinegar spilled on the floor (ie, broken glass decanter, smells like dog barf.

2) Don't pull on a string hanging from my shirt. It may very well be the string that holds the whole shirt together. (Picture this..holding a ball of string that used to be a shirt...not good.)

3) An elderly doctor just taught me this...If you lose some thing and someone else finds it and doesn't return it, I guess it meant that they needed it more. (That explains why my ex husband is in the arms of a 21 year old.)

4) Broccoli and cauliflower are both "flowers" but cauliflower tastes like cow poop. Go figure.

5) He who laughs lasts, makes a fool out of themselves. It's better to end your laugh at the same time as everyone else. If not, you will be considered rude and discourteous.

6) Never take a two year old to a bbq where only adults are present....especially adults who use 3 and 4 letter words often.

7) I can blame my being overweight on my parents. They made me eat all of the food in my plate or else I couldn't get down from the table. I wonder if Jerry Springer needs any new guests on his show??

8) A ham sandwich left in my desk at work for a week doesn't smell spoiled or like salmonella at all.

9) Facebook is a place to remember the people that you I would rather forget.

10) The greatest love, friendship and support can be found on the internet.

Comments

travel girl said…
I agree with number 10!!!
Vegas Linda Lou said…
That's funny--I was always grateful that my parents never made me eat everything on my plate or foods I didn't like. Sometimes it's best to have parents who kind of don't give a crap.
I agree with number 10. Butler agrees with number 6. I don't know what Bagman agrees with because he's run off to pull all the loose strings he can find...
Joanna Jenkins said…
I learned that it never fails-- At a special family gathering with special guests, the youngest child at the table will start a conversation that begins some like.... "Do girls fart?"

And I left you a surprise on my blog post today. Enjoy!
i love it! you are totally cracking me up! i am giving you a big shout out on the cleaning up your dinner plate and being a little heavy...it's totally our parents fault!!!! and i hate to say it, but vinegar smell is horrible...but not worse than a hubs in the arms of a little 21 year old...sad.
Anonymous said…
I couldn't agree more with #10.
Deidra said…
Number five made me laugh out loud. And of course no one else is laughing. Still...it's funny, and true.
Debz said…
For #6 I'll apologize up front and tell you it's a good thing you didn't take me up on my offer. I tend to have a mouth like a sailor at times.

and

For #8 Ewww...just ewww.
Lin said…
Yea for the blog pallies!! Sure they don't see the "real" me, all ugly and smarty-aleck and hate me--they just are so supportive ALL the time. It's nice to have a group who loves you unconditionally, isn't it.

And I'm with you on Facebook. That's why I refuse to sign up. Those in the past are best left there. We don't have contact for a reason.
Veronica Lee said…
I agree with #10. And you are one of those friendships.
Nana said…
Simone, I LOVE cauliflower! You have to boil it & then fry it. It's so yummy!
Lion-ess said…
true about fb..
I'm cutting down my fb bit by bit... deleted all my albums this weekend. it's like a drug.. you can't go cold turkey at all.
Julie D said…
Great post! I'm here getting caught up on my blog reading...finally. Happy Sunday!

Popular posts from this blog

If you eat candy corn, there's no calories.

Guest Posting on Things I've Learned Parent Style