I've decided to make it a tradition to post on Thursdays, the Things I've Learned. Seems like life is just full of lessons for me - some good and some not so good. Right now, I just got news that the house we were going to rent and move into on the 31st of this month is no longer available. We're scrambling to find a place and I'm sticking everything in my mouth from the stress of it all. So...in spite of that piece of news...I may be looking to rent a few shopping carts, attach them and call them condos on wheels. (Just kidding...humor is a little stale at the moment.)
The things I've learned...
1) Pity parties end early when celebrated alone.
2) Not all doctors wash their hands before they eat.
3) First impressions aren't always right.
4) Ten almonds a day is supposed to improve my memory. I wonder if twenty a day makes me a genius?
5) When a doctor's name is Yu Ho, I'm supposed to hold all laughter in....including greeting him as Dr. Ho.
6) I cannot drive and sneeze at the same time.
7) When the elderly say, "huh?" and put their hand to their ear, it's not because they can't hear you...it's because they are trying to start a conversation with you.
8) The older you are, the more stinkier the perfume.
9) It's much easier to laugh than it is to cry. The only thing crying accomplishes is smeared makeup, red eyes, a runny nose and no kleenex to be found!
10) Sometimes its worth being called the wrong name instead of correcting someone. Today I was called Naomi -- twice. Whoever Naomi is, I hope I do her name proud!
What have you learned?
Close Encounters of the Caymanian Kind
4 hours ago