Big Giveaway Reminder.....
I'm excited to celebrate the Christmas holiday by giving away a brand new Nintendo Wii Fit Plus.
Note: This is ONLY the Wii Fit Plus with the balance board and not the Wii Console. You must purchase the Wii Gaming Console to use Wii Fit Plus.
If you'd like to enter for a chance to win, please go here for the rules and the opportunity to enter.
Now for the Things I've Learned....
1) When making caramel apples, I had a glob of caramel drop on the back of my hand. Of course, the caramel was boiling point hot, so I did what came naturally, and tried to lick it quickly off of my hand. I burned my lips and tongue in the process and then ran to put my hand in hot dishwater that was in the sink. Wrong move on my part. The caramel continued to cook while I scrambled to turn on the cold water. I ran my hand under cold water, willing myself not to boo hoo over the pain. For three hours, I kept my hand in a measuring glass filled with ice and water. I went to bed with my hand in it until Boo saved the day. He discovered, after researching online, that a paste of baking soda and water would take away the pain and not cause the burns to blister or at least, not that much. He spread the baking soda paste all over my burns and then a baggie and then a sock to keep it in place. Within minutes the pain was subsiding and then, by morning, it had only blistered a little. So, the thing I learned is not that I need to stay out of the kitchen but I need to keep baking soda in the cabinet for emergency uses.
2) Mustard does NOT take away the burning. It makes it worse.
3) The thrift stores really have some great finds for Christmas. I'm so excited to find some goodies for the family there.
4) Baby Boo's favorite word this time around was "Why?" I never knew that there could be a continuing conversation built around the question "Why?" For example, "Momo, why you put your shirt on?" "Because I'm getting dressed." "Why you getting dressed?" "Because I still have my pjs on." "Why you still have your pjs on?" "Because I just woke up." "Why you just woke up?" "Because I did." "Why because you did?" ARghhhhh!!!!
5) Playdoh with all of the colors mixed together looks like poop.
6) Why does Sponge Bob walk around in his underwear? Trust me, this will be added to the things I've learned.
7) I'm so thankful I don't live in medieval times when a partridge in a pear tree is something cool for Christmas. If Boo arrived on my doorstep with a partridge in a pear tree, I think I'd have to call the men in white jackets. Did her true love really expect her to be grateful for swans, maids a milking, calling birds and all of that?
8) I scored big with Married Boo and Son in Boo when I made cornbread dressing vegetarian style.
9) Some kids are mean and brutal at even 4 years old. Baby Boo and I were at the park. This little girl (Rhoda aka the Bad Seed) tells Baby Boo, "I hate you. Get away from me you baby!" Baby Boo had never even seen this girl before and she is glaring at her and running from her. The Bad Seed runs to a boy that is also four years old and says, "He's MY friend. I love him!" I called Baby Boo over to me and told her not to play with the bad kid since she doesn't know how to play nice.
10) When I heard about Tiger's alleged affair, I totally lost respect for him. I have zero tolerance for infidelity. There's no justification for it.
So, hopefully, you've learned much in the middle of the busyness of the week. What have you learned?
PS--Don't forget about the giveaway!