I'm getting goofy silly as I just realized that Christmas is only a day away. I've really enjoyed getting ready for the holidays this year. I think it's because I refused to stress out. Shopping at thrift stores and making gifts this year has been so much fun. I can't wait to see the reactions on everyone's faces.
On to the things I've learned...
1) When the phone rings at 1:45 a.m., it's definitely not good news.
2) Christmas television shows were so much more enjoyable when I was a kid. My twin and I used to watch Christmas with the King Family, like clockwork. I don't know why but what an intriguing family they were.
3) What does figgy pudding taste like? How about chestnuts roasting over an open fire?
4) My dogs need the 12 step treat program. I take full responsibility but they are addicted to dog treats. One goes out and pretends to pee and then they all bark for a treat and then the other goes out, pretends and then barks. This is an all day thing!
5)I love my Christmas coffee!! Coffee stirred with a peppermint stick! Yum!
6) My family's Christmas celebration will be on the 27th since Boo and TV Boo both work on Christmas day. But, I'm okay with that. Every day can be a celebration of Christ's birth. Besides, I'm going to get my jingle jingle on with a couple in the 70's who have invited me out to dinner. (I promise I won't get them arrested!)
7) On my list of things I hate to eat at Christmas time....fruitcake (bleh--from a childhood memory), rolled dates, and mincemeat pie (double bleh).
8) When I was little, my mom always baked each of us our favorite dessert at Christmas time. My favorite was a Cherry Cream Cheese pie. Wouldn't you know it that when all the relatives came over on Christmas night to visit, the first dessert they went for was the Cherry Cream Cheese pie? One year, I got smart and cut a slice and hid it under my bed to guarantee that there would be a least one piece for me. I learned that I'm thankful I don't have to do that anymore! :)
9) I can never get enough of Whitney Houston's Do You Hear What I Hear.
10) I've got cookies to bake and candy to make but not before I wish all of you a very special day of celebrating Jesus' birth and our greatest gift of all!! Be safe as you travel. Laugh lots, love lots and seek out every mistletoe you find! Love you all, thank you for being my friends.
If you'd like you can share what you've learned.