Don't forget to enter the used book giveaway hereThe giveaway ends on Friday.
Now, on to Things I've Learned Thursday
1) I'm so glad that my new neighbors are playing music at full volume that is tolerable. They are from Hawaii so I feel like I'm there, listening to the waves splashing across the sand.
2) Arizona is pathetic if they think that racial profiling is okay! Enough already! Stop the discrimination. Okay....breathe...breathe...I'm okay.
3) My pit bull sheds enough to make a whole 'nother puppy.
4) Elephants and creditors never forget.
5) My weight gain this week is totally dedicated to my daughter Apricot-tea aka Married Boo. Thanks for the yummy vegan cornbread recipe but did it have to taste SO good????
6) Boo is now a true rancher. He's just started his own worm farm so that he will have endless worms for fishing. You would think he was plotting and tilling the soil for a 200 acre farm. He is one proud farmer and the worms haven't even arrived yet!
7) When it comes to gizmos, Boo is happiest when he's attempting to fix something, make something, or construct something. My job comes in as the cheerleader. I've learned to say the following, "Wow! You really did a great job trimming those hedges. Even in the hot sun, it's impressive."
8) After cleaning out my closet, I almost felt like there was an echo there. But, I made a promise to myself that I would not get down in the dumps over the clothes that I couldn't fit but to get happy at the fact that I was going to buy some clothes that I truly would feel good wearing.
9) Hormones are messing with me. I got sappy watching the TVLand Awards where Cheryl Ladd and Jacquelin Smith accepted the award and dedicated to Farrah Fawcett. I was reaching for a kleenex. Finally, I turned the channel. I just couldn't take it!
10) I'm so thankful to Mari for suggesting online billpay. That has been a huge relief and blessing for me. (Thanks!)
What have you learned?
Saturday and Sunday in the Country
1 hour ago