Monday, May 24, 2010

Said by a Three Year Old


I've relived the embarrassment of a three year old all over again. Baby Boo and I were shopping at Walmart. I think that is the worst store for embarrassing moments with her and I. This elderly lady passes by in a pair of leopard print pants and Baby Boo points to her and says, "Momo, why she wearing that? That pants? Ewww, that's ugly." I was mortified. I scolded her immediately and told her that it wasn't nice to make someone feel bad by what she said. Her reply? "Well, I still don't like it."
***********************************************

Said to Boo after kissing Baby Boo, "Daddy, you need to shave that hair on your mouth. It hurts my face."
***********************************************

Baby Boo announces at the table, "I farted. I always fart when I eat." She sniffs for a minute and says, "It don't smell, it went in the seat."
*************************************************

Said to Single Boo who was reading her a story about a boy milking a cow, "Why is that boy making that cow pee in that bowl?"
************************************************

After taking my picture with her Mickey Mouse camera, I asked if I looked like Mickey Mouse. She said, "You don't look like Mickey Mouse, you look like Momo."
************************************************

I love when they make little discoveries too. She wanted to know where her ice went after because it disappeared in her cup. She accused the dogs of eating her ice. I explained to her that it melted and turned into water. She thought the concept was the coolest thing and does nothing but talk about it.
***********************************************

28 comments:

Mari said...

I love hearing those little "booisms"!

Deborah Ann said...

Lord...out of the mouths of babes! Too funny!

Terra said...

Oh, too funny. But notfunny being the mom when your little darling said the pants were ugly. We have all been there, when little ones say the truth without editing!

zunzun said...

Brought back memories...my kid was scary. She said this (in front of others) "mom...when I grow up I want big boobs like you" (mine are not big at all but I guess to her they looked it). I smiled and said "don't worry honey..you'll turn will come when you grow up" and then she said "yeah...but I don't want them droopy though"

Then there was the time she told a guy in line that he was stinky...I shushed her and apologized and she said loudly "buy he NEEDS a shower mom" - UGH!!!!

Ummm...yeah...I got really good at cutting her off for fear she'd let something like that slip out again!LOL!

ethelmaepotter! said...

Priceless! I love the question about the cow!

And is that pecan divinity Baby Boo is making? Looks divine!

Bethany said...

She's sounds cute! Three year olds are hilarious-absolutley no inhibitions. My friend's three year old noticed that the grass had been cut at church. He said, "Someone cut the grass. I think it was Jesus." LOL

Lin said...

I love the Walmart comment. Maybe some of those Walmart customers need more comments like that BEFORE they leave the house! :0

Tiffany said...

LOL, that had me cracking up.

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany

Diva's Thoughts said...

I love what kids say out of thier mouths!!!

Heart2Heart said...

Simone,

Please help me spread the word of a sister in Christ who so desperately needs help with a limited amount of time left.

http://godsheart-heart2heart.blogspot.com/2010/05/urgent-prayer-request.html

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Janie B said...

Art Linkletter was right when he said, "Kids say the darndest things!" Very cute.

Veronica Lee said...

LOL, too funny!

BTW, I posted a pic of one of my ceramic pieces today.

Happy Wednesday, Simone!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Baby Boo gets cuter by the minute!

We've all been through the embarrassing moments. When Godson was her age we were at a doctor appt. and when the doc walked in Godson turned and asked my-- "Why's he so fat." Oy.

xo

Syrone said...

She is too much! It must be such an adventure having her around. She is a precious little boo.

Buckeroomama said...

3-yr olds are just the cutest, aren't they? I just love the way their little minds work!

Did Single Boo explain about the cow peeing into the bowl?

Anonymous said...

You know.....if you wear it to Walmart expect to be pointed out. Children just know when to say the darndest things don't they???

Anonymous said...

Ah I love me some baby boo. She's so cute and funny!

Unknown said...

LOL! Kids are awesome. and can be a bit embarrassing. I blame the lady in the pants, not the 3 year old! LOL!

Elle Bee said...

Hahaha!! I was literally laughing out loud!! So funny. My goodness, those were priceless.

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

love love love :)

Mom et al said...

These are great! I love the funny things kids say, but it's so easy to forget. I think it's wonderful you have them documented here...even if they are embarrassing! : )

Mamí♥Picture said...

aww too funny!

Katherine Schultz said...

Ohh that is so funny, and so very cute!

Have a beautiful day!

K xx -- www.thoseblissmoments.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This made me laugh and laugh!
I will have to be certain to curb my leopard pant wearing when I am around her :)

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

It's nice that you've recorded these 'memories' someplace they'll never be lost...

...you can embarrass her with them when she gets to those hormonal years.

:)

Ed Pilolla said...

oh my god, what i gift to read your blog this morning. made me laugh and feel good. and i love that you led with the walmart story of the leopard pants. hysterical. 'from the mouths of babes!' as they say. thanks!

Anita said...

When I read or hear the stories about the little ones, I always wonder what they will be when they grow up. :)
I hope she continues to be curious and honest - even in the Walmart. lol

Relyn Lawson said...

I just love what little kids say. It is always hilarious and true. I wanted to tell you that your becoming a follower just made my day. So, thank you. Happy Memorial Day. I hope you and yours have a terrific time. Love, Relyn

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik