I'm here in Oregon and loving it. The next post won't be as lighthearted as this one as I explain some of the how's, why and what's that a few of you have asked about. In the meantime, here are the things I've learned....
1) Dramamine works wonders for dogs. My two endured a 18 hour drive and not once did they barf, pee, poop or attempt to fly out of the car window out of sheer cabin fever. In fact, they were the perfect traveling companions.
2) Living across the street from a pit bbq place can either be a bad thing or a good thing. It all depends on how you view it. (Btw, they have karaoke nights on Thursdays...I WILL be there!)
3) Never buy an air mattress from a thrift store. Apparently, they don't test them before they sell them. I was just thankful that it wasn't a life raft floating out to sea!
4) I was so happy to have internet once again that I almost kissed the technician. (I said, "almost").
5) Dogs love Lunchables, Chex mix and cookies.
6) I've given new meaning to "feel the fear and do it any way".
7) Saying goodbye isn't as hard when you pretend that you're going to see that person again the next day, and the next day and the next.
8) I donated three of my paintings (originals done by me) to a thrift store. I wonder if anyone will go in search to find out if I'm a famous artist or not. Better yet, I wonder if any of them will sell?
9) I stink at playing Solitaire.
10) I'm so happy to be on this adventure with my baby girl, Single Boo.
What have you learned?
PS--I will get caught up on all the blog posts although it may take some time.
m o n d a y
1 hour ago