1) Some people don't mind cute nicknames for their loved ones. The most recent one that has left me with my mouth hanging open is "Sugar Balls". Can you imagine her calling for him while at the grocery store? "Sugar Balls, can you grab a carton of eggs for me please?"
2) I think a rainy day boot camp is in order for my two puppies. They seem to think that they are privileged and refuse to go potty outside when it's raining. I've even tried standing outside and using the psychology method on them. "Gee, it's so nice playing in the rain...." They just look at me from inside and shake their heads.
3) It's not wrong to cheer when something burns down, especially if it's a strip club AND no one was injured.
4) Total shock is shopping at a thrift store and seeing a 4 month old baby lying on the floor under the belts while the mom talked on her cell phone about 5 feet away. The baby could barely hold it's head up and was laying on the bare, filthy floor. I could only shake my head and feel incredibly sorry for the baby.
5) Mistakes are easily made BUT one where a tall man ends up in our kitchen at 8:30 AM, after letting himself in, only to be discovered by my daughter as she came downstairs is not cool. Thankfully, he had a gas man uniform on BUT also thankfully, she didn't run back up to get me and my "trusty friend". *Note-It was an error on the CSR of the gas company who wrote up the wrong address and with a note that said, "Access by key entry." She apologized profusely. Locks are being changed to be on the safe side.
6) The greatest showing of trust in a friendship is being told a secret that no one else knows.
7) Since I no longer have my piano, it never fails that I wake up with a melody running through my head.
8) Heaven just welcomed a wonderful man, Roy this morning. I can just imagine the partying that's going on. Yet, my heart is crying for his beautiful wife and family. My prayers are with Lilly and her family.
9) I was mysteriously cure of a cold by eating homemade egg drop soup. I'm going to have to keep some on standby throughout the winter.
10) This little video never fails to put a smile on my face.
What have you learned?
Saturday and Sunday in the Country
1 hour ago