1) Having a kitten and two dogs in the house is the greatest cheap entertainment. I have one that thinks that the kitty is her long lost baby and the other that thinks that the kitty is his long lost squeak toy.
2) There was a reason my mom used to tell me to "look with my eyes" and "don't touch". Yes, the loud loud sound of something being dropped at the store was me.
3) The next time I decide to eat a green chile bagel, I need to examine why the bagel has lots and lots of green. I can't believe I ate a moldy bagel without realizing it until it was all gone. (I feel sick just thinking about it.)
4) Being unemployed has had me more emotional than I've ever been. I hung up the phone after talking to a magazine representative that is outsourced in India. Not only could I not understand a word he was saying, he couldn't understand a word I was saying. He just kept repeating the script in front of him. There are too many Americans in need of a job and the biggest of companies are outsourcing instead! *stepping down off of my soap box
5) All's well that ends well. I was rejoicing with everyone as the Chilean miners were brought up to safety. After reading this though, I'm so glad that they were all men. Can you imagine what it would've been like to have that many women in a small space?
6) I love fall but a part of me feels like it's for a selfish reason....caramel apples. I give myself the joy of them twice during the fall and after that, I refuse to make them again because I'm a sucker for caramel and will eat it from a bowl.
7) There are speetles in Oregon. These bugs are definitely a mixture between a spider and a beetle. It's like there was this huge bug ball and all the bugs had one huge orgy and well...the rest is history.
8) My desire to eat a piece of cake sure changes after someone finds a long strand of hair in the frosting and announces it. To the person that baked the cake, "You meant well but seriously, use a hair net the next time."
9) Costco gives out the best samples on Saturdays. The next time I go, I'll be sure not to eat breakfast beforehand.
10) When a subway train honks at me, it's not because he's saying hi. I'm too close to the tracks.
What have you learned?
Saturday and Sunday in the Country
1 hour ago