1) Things go better with bacon. This is a Maple Bacon Bar that is beyond delicious!
2) Even though I'm a dog person, there's nothing like having a new grand kitty too. Here she is (finally figured out that kitty was a she - thank God for online instructions on identifying).
3) I'm very brave in my dreams. I woke up after I beat up my comforter to a pulp. I won!
4) Nothing stands in the way of Thursday night, Grey's Anatomy and my twin sis and I watching it together by phone. We call each other every commercial and then, after we see next week's preview. It's the next best thing to being there!
5) I live 30 minutes away from Washington so it's a strange feeling to drive to a different state in a matter of minutes.
6) I forgot how much of a comfort painting is until I completed a picture last week. It was such a great feeling. I sent it to someone as a surprise. I'm hoping she likes it.
7) October is National Book month and National Cookie month. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? A good excuse for eating cookies for breakfast, lunch and dinner while reading a few books.
8) The word "no" seems to be one word that becomes more difficult to spit out. I'm not sure why this is happening. Maybe I need to practice in the mirror saying, "Thank you, but NO!" Note to telemarketers and cute kids selling cookies, calendars and wrapping paper, "I am really a nice lady but in order to stay focused on using on the word "no", I cannot obligate myself to purchasing anything, no matter how adorable you are."
9) After reading the book, 29 Gifts by Cami Walker, I've discovered that when I feel the blues creeping up, that looking for ways to give totally wipes away the blues. I love giving whether it's something handmade or doing a favor for someone in need.
10) Some women still don't like telling their ages. My mom's birthday is today and she thinks that we don't know how old she is. She keeps it a "secret" and has always kept it that way. A long time ago, I snuck and went into her wallet and saw the year she was born. I now "know" how old she is but she doesn't know that I know.
What have you learned?
Saturday and Sunday in the Country
1 hour ago