Wow, it's been a learning week, I tell you!
1) Salt on a wound really DOES stop the bleeding. I thought I was going to have to take a trip to the ER after slicing my thumb really deep. It bled (more like dripped) for an hour until I called Dr. Dad and he said one word, "Salt". I poured salt on it and within a minute, it had stopped.
2) Singing silly songs that I called Doodee Doos, puts a kitty to sleep in a catatonic (pun intended)like state.
3) Dark chocolate covered caramels from Trader Joe's are my new favorite love. What a combination!
4) I dreamed of a passionate kiss between someone unknown (to me at least) and I. Should I put up a Wanted billboard in hopes of finding him. I think he was my soul mate. Too bad I woke up.
5) I still follow the 5 second rule and kiss it up to God ONLY when I'm at home and whatever it is that I drop is REALLY worth it.
6) When I get a really nice thank you card from someone, it makes me want to send them a thank you card in return.
7) People really go all out for decorating for Halloween. I guess I'm an old stick in the mud because I have never put up Halloween decorations. By the way, why do women wear nasty nurse costumes? I've never seen any nasty nurses when I've been in the hospital.
8) I'm usually the most non irritated person but lately, I find it extremely irritating to listen to someone discuss their whole life on their cell phone while standing in a check out line. I seriously don't want to know all of their business.
9) I'm becoming very good at recycling. I've never worked so hard at deciding what goes in which trash can or how to recycle something. Craigslist and Freecycle has been great!
10) It makes me sad when I hear about tv legends like Barbara Bilingsley and Tom Bosley dying. I feel like they were family members as I was growing up.
What have you learned?
8 hours ago