1) Just because it's not raining when I go into the grocery store doesn't mean that it won't be pouring when I come out.
2) I love it when God surprises me with something right in front of my face. I was in my car in the library parking lot, ready to back out when I stopped and looked, REALLY LOOKED at my surroundings. I was surrounded by gorgeous trees with brilliant red leaves. I just sat with my mouth open in awe. I was like a kid in a candy store. Never have I really had the joy of experiencing something so beautiful in California.
3) Jolly Joes, the candy that I used to eat when I was a kid, still tastes like dirt!
4) There was so much more I wanted to say in the post, "Can't Take Away My Memories" but couldn't for fear of crying as I wrote it. Let's just suffice it to say that there are some things that will never again be the same.
5) On one hand, I save when I use coupons but on the other hand, I buy stuff that I normally wouldn't buy just because I have a coupon.
6) There is an auto shop that is built around the decor of a 50's diner. It is one of the most magical places I've been to in a long time. They literally have old magazine issues of Life and National Geographic, serve free coffee, hot chocolate, a limo ride home (I kid you not)AND a free loaner car.
7) In order to officially settle here in Oregon, I need to learn a bit about the Oregon Ducks and the Portland Trailblazers. Sorry Lakers...I have to do this.
8) When calling Crimestoppers and I'm on hold for 15 minutes and the girl returns and asks, "So what's the crime?" after I've explained it to her, it's time to call the police instead.
9) I just love Southern accents. I'm not poking fun but I find myself literally pronouncing words in my head as I listen to people with accents, talk.
10) I'm so very grateful I don't have the ability to lick my feet but I sure wish my puppies would get the hint. It is the most annoying sound in the world!!!!
What have you learned?
28 minutes ago