1) I'm a lover, not a fighter BUT when it comes to me and my character, my kids, loved ones and friends...I'll go toe to toe.
2) I have a hard time seeing nudity as beautiful. I know that it has a lot to do with loving and accepting my own body the way it is. But, also, it feels so private and intimate that even looking at nude statues or art in different galleries, I tend to turn away or blush.
3) There's not a day that goes by that I don't hate every article of clothing in my closet, except for my house slippers. I need a new wardrobe and BAD!!!
4) Keeping a bucket list of things to do while I'm still here seems to be growing by the minute. It's exhilarating to know that I have things to reach for and get excited about.
5) Some of the things that I was afraid of when I was a little girl, I'm still afraid of now: noisy trucks, false teeth floating in a jar, balloons popping, loud flushing toilets, wet hair wrapped around my toes, the dentist, loud confrontations and losing someone close to me.
6) Sometimes I don't see the full picture unless I step away from it. That's also how my life is. Up close, too much can cloud my ability to see things for what they are.
7) Nosiness and curiosity always wins out when I see something that screams, "Don't touch." I remember being at a train museum where there were old tools on display. The fascination got the best of me and I ignored the "Do not touch" sign. I gently (at least I thought I was gentle) touched the tool and a part of it hit the floor with a loud clang. I grinned and prayed that I wouldn't be asked to leave.
8) I used to feel guilty when I didn't accomplish my list of things to do for the day. I'm learning to not feel bad when I spend my day, relaxing, reading, watching dvds, playing video games and staying in my pjs all day.
9) The smell of play doh and Elmer's glue takes me back to my childhood memories of creating and inventing.
10) Home is my favorite place to be.
What have you learned about yourself?